The Role & Local Community:
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, knowledgeable Environmental, Health, & Safety Specialist to join our Pittsburg, CA crop protection team of professionals! At Corteva Pittsburg, we are passionate about how well we take care of the environment and the community and we are seeking a like-minded Environmental, Health & Safety Water Specialist to join us!
Our Pittsburg, California campus is home to 390 acres of manufacturing space making it the largest west coast chemical facility and the third largest employer in Pittsburg. Although a manufacturing powerhouse, the Pittsburg site touts 475 acres of lush wetlands preserve and dozens of prestigious awards from the Wildlife Habitat Council and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. In fact, Pittsburg maintains successful strategic partnerships with the Lindsay Wildlife Museum, the University of California, Berkeley, and the Earth Team. Children from surrounding local schools regularly take field trips to the site and Pittsburg hosts the annual Environmental Fair.
Pittsburg employees enjoy a lush, wetland landscape while connecting with colleagues through regular celebrations, festive holiday events, picnics and more. Join us in bringing sustainable food solutions into homes around the world, and we’ll make you feel at home while you’re at work in Pittsburg.
Our Pittsburg, California site is located in the San Francisco Bay area and centrally located between Napa Valley and the Sacramento, Central Valley and Bay area regions. Although just a short distance from the famous vineyards of Napa Valley and culturally rich city of San Francisco, Pittsburg has its own tapestry of community, activities and entertainment. Stop by the Pittsburg Marina, a 575-slip municipal marina that offers boaters easy access to the Upper Delta Region and San Francisco Bay. If you’re not ready to set sail, spend the day in Old Town Pittsburg, the historic downtown business district that boasts a historical walking tour, boutiques, art galleries and unique, first class dining experiences.
Sea, shore and more, Pittsburg is an exciting town with historical charm and a West Coast vibe.
Responsibilities – What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Responsible for delivering industry leading environmental compliance for the Corteva Pittsburg Site’s water envelope.
- Serve as the site subject matter expert for federal, state, and local water regulations as part of Corteva Pittsburg’s world class environmental compliance program.
- Oversee all water related compliance activities for the Pittsburg site.
- Leads compliance strategy and continuous improvement program for the site’s water envelope, including but not limited to stormwater, industrial water, drinking water, and groundwater.
- Ownership of site’s regulatory water policies, including but not limited to the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), and Spill Prevention Controls and Countermeasures Plan (SPCC).
- Act as primary contact for relationships with regulators, including but not limited to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC), San Francisco Bay Regional Water Quality Control Board, the local Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA), and Delta Diablo (DD) Sanitation District.
- Participate and facilitate site water regulatory visits and inspections, and Corteva water second party audits.
- Own and maintain water related permits to operate, including but not limited to industrial discharge permits and National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permits.
- Develop, implement, and maintain practices and procedures to comply with water regulations and permits conditions, including but not limited to sampling, reporting, inspections, training, etc.
- Conduct investigations after non-compliance events to identify the root cause and establish action items to secure compliance.
- Close coordination with site operations leaders, engineers, operators, contractors, and consultants working on water related permit applications, environmental reporting, new regulations, etc.
- Provide functional guidance and coaching to the site water technician and operations within the water envelope.
- Ensure all relevant work processes, standards, and procedures are effectively implemented across the Pittsburg Site through operating discipline updates, role assignments and training.
- Interact with site tenants as needed and provide input on the development and renewal of tenant’s site agreements to ensure compliance with the site water program.
- Participate in the environmental related reviews of projects, including Management of Change (MOC) reviews.
- Maintain awareness of forthcoming changes to water regulations and manage implementation across the site to secure compliance by the effective date of any changes to applicable regulation.
Requirements – Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You are a passionate environmentalist capable of driving world class performance in environmental compliance.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant field.
- You have the required knowledge base to lead efforts in related areas with your 5-7 years of Environmental Health and Safety experience with expertise in Water regulations and compliance (Preference given for State of California specific relevant experience).You have at least 3-4 years of Environmental, Health & Safety program experience in an industrial manufacturing, operations, or production setting.
- You have the ability to lead through influence due to your ability to build trust, rapport, and credibility with stakeholders of all levels.
- You are analytical, data oriented, and have the proven ability to design, implement, and lead environmental strategy.
- You have employee-centered training experience and are able to adjust your training to any audience for effectiveness.
- You are expert in prioritizing, enjoy spending time in the manufacturing field, and maintain calm under the pressure of 24/7/365 operations.
- You are proficient with Microsoft applications, data analysis, work process development, procedure writing, and presenting.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!