At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. We have an exciting opportunity for a Waste Coordinator to join our company at our Pittsburg, CA production facility. We offer all the benefits that a Fortune 500 company has to offer while also providing a community feel. The inclusive, motivated team in Pittsburg offers a safe and innovative work environment that allows for personal and professional growth. We are looking for candidates who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have a stable work history. Candidates from all industry backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
*Please note there is NO relocation allowance or visa sponsorship available for this position.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Enjoy competitive wages based on qualifications, education, and experience.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits; new hires start with 4 weeks off each year. We also have excellent paid maternity; paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your FIRST day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities – What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Responsible for delivering industry leading waste coordination and regulatory waste compliance for the Corteva Pittsburg Site.
- Maintain and drive continuous improvement of related EH&S programs processes, standards and procedures.
- Act as the liaison between manufacturing plants, waste vendors and suppliers.
- Train and coach teams and individuals on EH&S related tasks and activities.
- Assist in developing and achieving department and site EH&S goals.
- Participate in investigations of incidents related to waste management and ensure that follow up actions to prevent recurrences are addressed.
- Provide and maintain reporting as well as proper documentation of waste characterizations (e.g., both analytical data and process knowledge).
- Ensure responsible waste management from the point of generation to transportation which includes coordination and scheduling of waste flows and serve as the manager of waste storage areas.
- Act as a subject matter expert on EH&S standards related to waste management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements – Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You are a passionate environmentalist, capable of driving world class performance in waste management and coordination.
- You have an Associate Degree in environmental science, waste management, chemistry, or related technical field of study.
- You have a valid US drivers license.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience with Federal and California state waste regulations.
- You are able to interpret waste regulation and policy to drive systematic compliance at a site level.
- You have experience with environmental reporting and performance data.
- You have experience with corrective action process, root cause analysis, incident reduction and implementing preventative actions.
- You have good computer skills to work with all EH&S process tools as well as Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- You are willing and able to work a primarily daytime schedule with overtime, weekends and holidays as needed.
Preferences – It Would Be Great If You Have:
- Bachelors degree in engineering, chemistry, or related field of study.
- Relevant environmental certificates, degrees, or training credits.
- Experience managing small teams and contractors.
- Familiarity with cloud-based applications such as SAP, ETQ, or other environmental reporting databases.
- Experience in environmental support of manufacturing operations.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!