!!Now offering $2,500 SIGN ON BONUS!!
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. We have an exciting opportunity for a Training Technician to join our organization and support both our Connell WA and Hermiston, OR locations. The selected candidate will be able to choose which of these two locations to be based out of.
In this role, you will provide training to employees to ensure all have a thorough understanding of Corteva's safety and quality standards and are able to apply that learning to their daily responsibilities. You will be responsible for all aspects of the technical training requirements, including the development of new training materials, maintaining the training calendar, facilitating engaging hands-on training, and coordinating training events.
*Please note there is NO relocation allowance or visa sponsorship available for this position.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Enjoy competitive wages based on qualifications, education, and experience.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits; new hires start with 4 weeks off each year. We also have excellent paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities - What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Determine training needs and requirements for the location on the following topics: Safety, Health & Environment, Continuous Improvement, Quality System, and Process documentation.
- Credibly lead training, communication and education efforts, with enthusiasm, and energy.
- Develop and implement hands-on, engaging training programs for employees on a variety of training subjects along with effectiveness evaluation methods and auditing processes.
- Perform related administrative duties such as writing JSAs (Job Safety Analysis) SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) & track employee training requirements.
- Ensure the completeness and maintenance of all records, documents, or reports related to training.
- Assist with preparation of reports, graphs, and presentation materials to communicate key safety statistics.
- Welcome and onboard new employees and contractors to ensure a thorough understanding of Corteva policies and procedures.
- Help conduct site tours.
- Conduct field and plant audits.
- Maintain a strong shop floor presence to build relationships with the team and work to continuously improve safety protocols.
- Reiterate and role model the importance of Corteva’s Values and Living Safely.
- Act as liaison with contract labor agencies regarding training requirements - communicate with and ensure contract agencies are training their employees on the required policies and procedures.
- Serve as back up to the location safety leader.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements - Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You have your High School Diploma/GED.
- You have a valid US drivers license.
- You have 1 year of experience in training /facilitating/ leading a process or work team.
- You thrive on organization, setting up and continuously improving systems.
- You have a proactive work ethic and good time management skills!
- You value health and safety! You will always work safely and follow policies and procedures to ensure you and your colleagues go home safely every day.
- You value working as a team, are proactive, communicate concerns, and open to change.
- You have strong computer skills, including MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- You are willing and able to work a primarily day schedule but are available to conduct training sessions on different shifts, including occasional weekends and overtime as needed.
Preferences – It Would Be Great If You Have:
- Bilingual skills (Spanish/English).
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today