Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Through leading innovations, we help farmers around the world meet the challenge of feeding a growing population and taking care of our planet. In this role, the Technical Project Manager provides project management leadership for technical projects for the Commercial Technology team. This role leads processes to establish project scope, plan, reporting and ensuring timely delivery of projects to internal stakeholders.
This position is a fixed-term contract position that is covering a parental leave.
We have a Flexible Work Location approach, and this role can be based in Guelph, ON, Calgary, AB or remotely across Canada.
What will you do:
- Project Manager for assigned technical projects; define and drive process to establish project scope, plan, resourcing, risks / issues, reporting and delivery
- Provide holistic view of ongoing projects, acting as the gate keeper for business requests
- Manage and continuously improve current project tracking system in Salesforce Sales Cloud and maintain project calendar to increase project visibility within team
- Facilitate daily scrum meetings within the technical team, addressing any roadblocks or barriers faced by specialized technical leads
- Effectively communicate project status to stakeholders as required, acting as main point of contact for Commercial Technology team related projects
- Support annual and semi-annual review process and prioritization of key projects; provide consultation on the scope of work required to appropriately resource projects, and / or reallocate resources as required
- Facilitate the collection and documentation of new project requests, providing technical guidance on feasibility of projects to business teams
- Monitor project progress; track and maintain project requests, follow-up on project actions with team, address issues promptly and escalate as required
- Collaborate with Commercial Technology team to ensure smooth and effective handover of completed projects when ready to be delivered to business teams
- Lead process to review project effectiveness following project completion, including solicitation, interpretation, and recommendations based on received feedback
You are someone with:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical project management role leading technical projects such as software implementation and maintenance projects
- Experience working within Salesforce Sales Cloud and their ecosystem of tools is highly preferred such as Einstein Analytics now called Tableau CRM, Salesforce Communities now called Experience Cloud, Pardot, etc.
- Expert knowledge and experience with project management best practices, including Scrum methodology
- Project management PMP designation, or similar qualifications and relevant experience
- Strong project leadership skills and ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Time management and prioritization skills to manage multiple competing priorities, while consistently delivering accuracy in results
What We Offer:
- We offer a competitive base salary and incentive bonus potential, combined with challenging and meaningful work, learning and career development opportunities and a great team environment
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes personal and professional development and offers flexible work options to meet both your work and personal needs
- Focus on Wellness and innovative programs that support overall health and wellbeing such as annual Lifestyle Account and free Headspace App
- Progressive Employee Policies and Programs including a Flexible Work Location approach, and a vacation policy that provides up to 30 days’ vacation for all employees
*** Please note that Syngenta has a COVID19 mandatory policy that applies to this position
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Syngenta Canada welcomes applications from all qualified candidates and is able to accommodate persons with disabilities. For more information about accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process or if you would like more information on our accommodation policies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org