Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
We invite you to help our Canada team shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. To support that challenge, the Technology Solutions & Sustainable Agriculture team is currently seeking a Sustainability Manager that will lead the development and support the execution, of Syngenta Canada’s commercial Crop Protection sustainability strategy. As the Sustainability Manager you will also establish relationships with members of the agricultural value chain to partner and advance sustainability solutions & initiatives in market.
We have a Flexible Work Location approach and this role can be based in Guelph,ON, Calgary, AB or remotely across Canada.
What will you do:
- Lead the development of a sustainability strategy for the Canadian crop protection business aligned to key focus areas Water, Soil Health, Climate Change, Biodiversity
- Develop recommendations for Syngenta Canada’s sustainability metrics, KPI’s and measurement principles that express the commercial value of sustainability
- Establish and maintain Syngenta relationships with agricultural value chain companies, their suppliers, growers and other stakeholders to advance on farm sustainable solution initiatives that will create and deliver on-going performance improvements
- Lead efforts with agricultural value chain partners to develop, scale, commercialize & measure Syngenta sustainability solutions, methodologies, projects & offerings including those both digitally enabled and non-digital and support the in-field delivery
- Work with, transfer and implement North American & Global sustainability solutions, technologies & best practices for the Canadian business where relevant and commercially appropriate
- Work with Corporate Affairs team to support a sustainability communication and engagement plan with industry, regulatory, and government partners
- Drive the development and implementation of criteria & metrics to support product development and commercialization of crop protection products with sustainability features & benefits
- Consistently engage business functions, collectively ideating potential opportunities to address market needs related to sustainability
- Work closely with sales and marketing to support the incorporation of sustainable solutions into offers and drive the adoption of sustainable solutions in the commercial business
You are someone with:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Recognized experience in one or more of sustainability, marketing, commercial or agronomy
- Expert knowledge of agricultural industry stewardship and sustainability challenges
- Strong knowledge of the agriculture and food value chains and the ability to identify, establish and grow meaningful relationships to address sustainability issues and opportunities of mutual interest
- Knowledge of external stakeholders & influencers relevant to sustainability
- Understanding of agronomic practices & technologies relevant to sustainable solutions
- Conversant & familiar with digital products, technologies and platforms and their sustainability-related applications including farm recordkeeping systems and agricultural information streams
- Strong business acumen
What We Offer:
- We offer a competitive base salary and incentive bonus potential, combined with challenging and meaningful work, learning and career development opportunities and a great team environment.
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes personal and professional development and offers flexible work options to meet both your work and personal needs
- Comprehensive Benefit offering, Pension and Group Retirement program with company match, and Profit Sharing.
- Focus on Wellness and innovative programs that support overall health and wellbeing such as annual Lifestyle Account and free Headspace App
- Progressive Employee Policies and Programs including a Flexible Work Location approach, and a vacation policy that provides up to 30 days’ vacation for all employees
*** Please note that Syngenta has a COVID19 mandatory vaccination policy that applies to this position
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Syngenta Canada welcomes applications from all qualified candidates and is able to accommodate persons with disabilities. For more information about accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process or if you would like more information on our accommodation policies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org