At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Staff Data Eng
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Staff Data Engineer, are to:
- Lead and participate in design sessions with Engineering teams, Data Scientists, Product Managers, business, and Information Technology (IT) stakeholders, that result in documentation for data processing, storage and delivery solutions;
- Understand business capability needs and processes as they relate to IT solutions through partnering with Product Managers and business and functional IT stakeholders, and apply this knowledge to defining business problems that need to be solved;
- Initiate and lead evaluation of new technologies including performing POCs and presenting results to others, with a goal of providing technical recommendations;
- Help the team establish and improve processes and methodologies, like SCRUM or Kanban, and/or lead piloting new ones;
- Implement data solutions according to design documentation using a variety of tools and programming languages, like AWS and GCP cloud solutions, Kafka, SQL and non-SQL databases, Scala, Go etc., and following team’s established processes and methodologies;
- Facilitate and participate in code reviews, retrospectives, functional and integration testing and other team activities focused on improving quality of delivery;
- Provide reliable estimates for large scale projects;
- Initiate collaboration with Product Owners, other engineers and data stewards within the team and across data, technical platforms and product teams on planning and aligning roadmaps, delivery dates and integration efforts;
- Coach and mentor junior and aspiring Data Engineers on the team and across the data and engineering communities;
- Facilitate various cross team efforts, like Scrum of Scrums and Release Planning, focused on large scale roadmap alignments, sharing information, solving broad variety of problems, or improving processes;
- Effectively discuss work or provide detail to the right level of audience, business partners, data scientists, engineering teams etc.;
- Create and maintain design and code documentation in GitHub, Haystack, SharePoint and/or another repositories used by the team.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field with five years professional software engineering experience or Master's degree with three years of relevant experience or Ph.D. with one year relevant experience or nine years of relevant experience is an acceptable substitute for degree requirement.
- Three years of experience in engineering data intensive software using streaming and resource based design principles;
- Three years of fluency in python, Java or Scala;
- Four years of SQL experience with ability to perform complex transformations using ANSI SQL;
- Experience with at least one cloud-native data warehouse database, Big query, Redshift, Snowflake etc.;
- Experience with Cloud-native technologies for processing data at scale and delivering data pipelines including Kafka, Spark, AWS SQS, Lambda, Step functions, ECS, Fargate, Athena, GCP Pub Sub, Cloud functions, Cloud Run, Kubernetes;
- Demonstrated experience participating in the build and support of Data Platforms Data Pipelines, and design principles;
- Demonstrated experience with data modeling and architecture design efforts, including designing both logical and physical models for data sets;
- Experience with Docker Containerization and running at scale you are familiar with data visualization tools and methodologies, agile, CI/CD, git hub actions and/or repo setup;
- Resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives.
- Agriculture, life sciences, bioinformatics, biochemistry, genetics, biology, or a related disciplines;
- Knowledge of machine learning or other data science practices;
- Experience contributing to open source projects.
Colorado Jobs: employees can expect to be paid a salary of approximately $____ (or between $_____ to $_____). Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). Other benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, PTO, sick leave, etc.. The salary (or range) displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role, and may vary based on market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: employees can expect to be paid a salary of approximately $____ (or between $_____ to $_____). Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, PTO, sick leave, etc.. This salary (or salary range) is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Chesterfield || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||641124 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |