Software Engineering Lead
Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience creates the world's most recognized and premium agricultural solutions to address the greatest challenges in agriculture. With a focus on technology, Corteva Agriscience creates seed and crop protection products that increase productivity and profit for farmers while reducing risks to their business. Every day our digital tools deliver insights our global partners need to thrive now and into the future.
With a global footprint and over 22,000 employees, Corteva Agrisciene is building the future of agriculture and leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience is looking for a Software Engineering Lead - Learn how you can be our voice in the conversation about the future of agriculture.
ASoftware Engineering Leadis an informal (and/or formal) leader of Software Engineers.Their primary responsibilities include technicalanalysis, discovery, design, prototyping, documentation, and leading implementation of complex business solutions. They provide their team with in-depth technical knowledge and leadership to resolve issues, and they have experience with front-end and/or back-end technologies, full-stack web and/or mobile applications, and cloud infrastructure.
The North America Software Engineering Lead will partner with their IT and Business Product Owners to shape and drive forward the sales and sales enablement strategy and user experience needs for Corteva. This includes decisions toward best of breed technologies and practices that will meet the diverse and changing needs of our grower community. The role will also be responsible to build out a talented and diverse set of resources within a product model.
A Software Engineering Lead is directly responsible for helping the business achieve their business goals through their leadership skills.
Primary Responsibilities - How will you help us Grow
As aCollaborator,they contribute by:
- Collaborating Architects, IT and Business Product Owners, Agile Delivery Leaders, Designers, and Testers to ensure that the right software is built and that it is built as intended.
- Working in a team with a DevOps mindset.
- Inspiring colleagues to achieve at a high level, push teams to deliver great results, and hold an optimistic attitude.
- Modeling and coaching a passion for learning and developing skills, trying new technologies, and embracing the full stack engineer mindset
As aDriver,they will aid the success of business focused IT solutions by:
- Making themselves available to engage with Software Engineers for reviewing designs or code, recommending/coaching on industry best practices and Corteva standards, etc.
- Being curious and ask questions of their team(s) to drive out the best possible outcome.
- Leading/directing the balance between delivering capabilities and ensuring sound technical solutions through white-boarding, refactoring, and continuously addressing technical debt
As aProducer,they orchestrate capabilities to drive value from their software by:
- Assisting their team(s) with any part of the tech stack where needed.
- Modeling and coaching the desire to improve all aspects of the product and processes.
- Delivering outstanding results by meeting business needs in a scalable, reliable, and secure manner.
- Contributing to the technical roadmap to establish and support the product lifecycle.
How a Software Engineering Lead works?
- Strategic Leadership: Leads and influences to engineering practices and outcomes which ensure technical roadmaps drive toward innovative sustainability, scalability, and quality.
- Standard and Compliant Solutions: Guides the engineering of solutions to align with EA, Engineering, and CoE direction.
- Productive Team: Partners with team, POs, and SAs on guiding the creation of solutions to meet business needs using IT and industry standards-based approaches.
What are a Software Engineering Lead’s skills and behaviors?
- Business IQ: Moderate knowledge and understanding of the product family business processes and IT implications; growing knowledge of the overall Corteva business capabilities and outcomes for their products.
- Technical IQ: Lead-level technical depth in one-to-many areas or technologies of software engineering and possible specialization in a few specific areas or technologies. Growing knowledge in some software engineering technologies.
- Domain IQ: Leadership capabilities across the software development lifecycle (SDLC); expert-level knowledge of security and compliance principles.
- Strategic partnering:Building credibility with the team by consistently delivering on commitments, solving problems, researching options, and having a “can do” attitude.
- Communications: Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
What are a Software Engineering Lead’s responsibilities?
- Formally or informally, lead Software Engineers well toward solid performance and growth within their profession.
- Collaborate well with other Engineering Leads, Business Process Experts, QAs, Agile Delivery Leads, and Product Owners.
- Create clear and maintainable designs, documentation, prototypes, and other technical deliverables.
- Engineer for data and business driven solutions.
- Lead-level cloud engineering and prototyping.
- Ensure secure development techniques and compliance to standards.
- Regularly improve technical aspects of the product by identifying issues and problems in the architecture, performance, product, code, or process.
- Ability to understand and manage build processes in a CICD based team.
- Possess source code management skills using tools like Azure DevOps.
- Ability to understand and apply various software development frameworks and utilities to business problems.
- Possess a familiarity with infrastructure as code, automation, monitoring, and the DevOps mindset.
- Leadership of test-driven development techniques.
Requirements – What you'll bring to the table
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience designing and deploying tools and capabilities to a diverse set of personas or users.
- Development background in Microsoft .NET.
- Understanding of “cloud first” development approach and experience developing solutions in Azure.
- Advanced Microsoft Office 365 skills, with an ability to become familiar with Corteva-specific programs and software.
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties.
- Possess a high degree of initiative to take independent action and be able to exercise proper judgement at all times.
- Self-motivated and able to work with little or no supervision.
- Detail oriented, and able to consistently produce high quality, accurate work and results.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure and strict time constraints.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Decision-making ability.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- 3-5 years of experience in design and deploy of digital capabilities in an Agriscience or adjacent industry.
- Experience with front-end web frameworks, such as Angular and React.
- Working knowledge of CI, CD, and infrastructure as code DevOps practices.
- Experience in developing large scale funding and deployment plans.
- Experience with SAFe and Product Management at Scale strategies.
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager, Microsoft Azure SQL Databases, Azure Data Factories, ETL processes, and SAP Commerce Cloud (Hybris).
- Experience with UI frameworks such as React and Vue.
- Experience with data migrations and integrations with enterprise-level applications
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.