At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
| || |
| || |
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, (Soda Springs Engineering Intern/Co-op), are to:
- Improve our chemical processes and work on yield capacity improvements;
- Enhance waste reductions cycle time reductions, cost improvements and design of equipment;
- Troubleshoot and provide recommendations for mechanical equipment;
- Improve the reliability and cost associated with a process area's mechanical equipment;
- Design installation and start-up of automatic process control, material, handling and distributive control systems;
- Assist engineers in development of project objectives and scopes;
- Analyze customer requirements while producing sketches, drawings, written descriptions, and specifications for customer approval;
- Ensure compliance with engineering standards and procedures, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), plant safety, pressure safety design and environmental standards on all projects;
- Collaborate with other engineers to gain insight into maintenance and reliability improvement programs in chemical plants;
- Perform and check engineering calculations following standard methods and project principles;
- Assist with procurement process of equipment specifications, bid evaluation, and contract administration;
- Aid with conducting engineering cost, feasibility, and planning studies;
- Analyze customer needs and data by researching, investing action, coordination of other engineers, and providing recommendations to the customer;
- Collaborate with production and technical staff on day-to-day activities such as process troubleshooting and problem solving;
- Work with all areas of operations and compliance organizations in order to drive attainment of project goals;
- Aid implementation of Operational Excellence program and support Process Improvement/Lean Manufacturing site wide.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Enrolled in Bachelor's Degree program in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, or Engineering degree;
- Successfully completed Sophomore year or higher and returning to school upon completion of intern or co-op;
- Ability to drive to and from work location;
- Willingness to work in a chemical plant environment;
- Ability to work 40 hours per week and physically willing and able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 scale.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
Colorado Jobs: employees can expect to be paid a salary of approximately $____ (or between $_____ to $_____). Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). Other benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, PTO, sick leave, etc.. The salary (or range) displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role, and may vary based on market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: employees can expect to be paid a salary of approximately $____ (or between $_____ to $_____). Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, PTO, sick leave, etc. This salary (or salary range) is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.