Six Sigma Black Belt - IT
Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience creates the world's most recognized and premium agricultural solutions to address the greatest challenges in agriculture. With a focus on technology, Corteva Agriscience creates seed and crop protection products that increase productivity and profit for farmers while reducing risks to their business. Every day our digital tools deliver insights our global partners need to thrive now and into the future.
As the world’s first dedicated agriculture start-up, we’re building a culture that stays curious, thinks differently, acts boldly and takes a stand on what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. We know we’ve got big challenges to solve - we hope you'll be part of the solution. Whether you are in the lab or on the farm, teaching classes or crafting code - we need bold thinkers and fearless doers to bring their best to the job at hand. Every role at Corteva Agriscience includes an opportunity to grow what matters.
Corteva Agriscience is searching for an innovative, energetic, and transformational Six Sigma Black Belt for our IT organization. As the Six Sigma Black Belt - IT, you will leverage Lean, PMP, and Six Sigma methodologies to develop process improvements, drive increased IT and Business productivity, and enhance and sustain operational excellence throughout IT offerings. Focus will be on driving continuous and breakthrough improvement in IT efficiency and effectiveness in support of achieving best-in-class IT products and services. Programs will be in disparate geographic locations and require strong communication skills to coordinate teams across the portfolio.
Primary Responsibilities - How will you help us Grow?
The Six Sigma Black Belt will develop, lead, and prioritize the following IT strategic enablers:
Develop and Drive Quality Practice
- Leads the development of organizational quality initiative program for Corteva IT; using project mentoring, quality tool training and governance.
- Promotes the business value of quality program as an enabler of productivity, which drives the organization’s top and bottom lines.
- Act as Black Belt coach for team and organization.
- Measure, monitor, and maintain the team’s ability to meet or exceed quality KPI’s.
- Act as a change agent/coach to instill and sustain change.
- Demonstrated translation of quality methodologies into frameworks and work practices.
- Develop and share best practices among the organization.
Lead Strategic Quality Initiatives
- Experienced process improvement practitioner with a focus on driving organizational efficiencies in cycle time and cost reduction.
- Leads company wide quality projects to reduce defects and improve efficiencies for Corteva products.
- Execute complex process improvement initiatives.
- Leads the creation and maturing of the quality practice into an internal management consultancy.
- Identify and present new project opportunities to leadership.
- Leads defects investigations through root cause analysis.
- Report and communicate results from efforts to stakeholders at all levels.
- Ensures control and training plans are in place and executed to sustain change.
- Utilize process improvement principles and tools to achieve significant improvement results.
Requirements – What you'll bring to the table.
Credentials and Experience
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university preferable in a technical discipline.
- Black Belt/Green Belt certification or equivalent experience.
- Certification programs in Lean Six Sigma, Agile, ITIL, Quality Improvement Associate, Quality Auditor, and/or Quality Engineer.
- 10+ years of Information Technology and/or Quality experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing large, global quality Six Sigma projects.
- Experience with core IT service concepts and strategy.
- Experience managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others and problem solving.
- Familiarity with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, agile and lean methodologies, and ITIL frameworks.
- Strong Quantitative and problem-solving ability: Ability to conceptualize complex problems and develop an analytical road map for them.
- Demonstrates the ability to facilitate meetings to generate ideas and make key decisions.
- Creates a team environment of accountability and commitment for reaching project goals.
- Exceptional soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Self-driven, problem solver.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully manage cross-functional projects involving multiple stakeholders and varying levels of management.
- Experience as a leader and mentor for project teams in a matrixed environment.
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at just a few of the advantages to working at Corteva and how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more.
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.