Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. To support that challenge, the Production & Supply - SE Production Operations team is currently seeking a Shipping and Logistics Technician in Alva, FL. As a Shipping and Logistics Technician you will support Cooler inventory management in the warehouse, support and communication with operations functions Harvest, manage materials and supplies in the cooler and be able to manage crews and crew leaders in the cooler.
You will help shape the future of agriculture by:
Being responsible for the management and integrity of data collection in the cooler Supervising and support the crews in the cooler
- Communicates with operations and planning department
- Communicate and work closely with logistics department on daily bases
- Responsible for shipping paper works and communication with all stake holders.
- Responsible for managing cooler under your shift
- Responsible for execution of daily and weekly work schedule in the cooler for the shift
- Accountable for pick-packing and quality control during the shift
- Leading a team of crew leaders, mostly third-party employees in the cooler
- Managing, monitoring and communication on performance vs expectations for all employees under your responsibility
- Responsible for monitoring, coaching and encouraging employees under your area of responsibility
- Communication with each individual employees’ performance and their progress.
- Responsible to advice managers for any disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for enforcing systems, policies, and procedures in your area of responsibilities
- Maintains workflow by monitoring steps of the process, in your area of responsibilities
- Control and observe personnel and resources required for your area a head of time
- Monitor daily inventory for sales and stick requirement and the progress
- Maintain product quality standards by enforcing Wows and protocols in the cooler
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all HSE standards
- Work with other third-party supervisors and crew leaders.
- Responsible to maintain the right resources and equipment’s, required for your area
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US
- 100% working indoors under cold weather conditions
- Understanding of Lean manufacturing principles
- Ability to walk in cold condition. Working in cold and indoor environment
- May be required to lift 50 lbs. occasionally while pushing a pallet jack.
- Capable of working long hours during time-critical periods of the peak season
- Bilingual is a preferred but not required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent needed, one-year experience preferred
What We Offer:
Full Benefit Package Medical, Dental & Vision that starts the same day you do 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act FMLA
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's EEOC
Employee Polygraph Protection Act EPPA