Corteva’s Internal Audit organization serves Management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors (Audit Committee) by providing independent, objective assurance, investigation, and advisory services to assist Management to improve the control environment, ethics compliance and operational effectiveness and efficiency, reduce risk and achieve Corteva’s strategic objectives.
Internal Audit will:
• Partner with Management to improve risk and control awareness through insightful findings and improvement recommendations, while maintaining the highest professional standards; and
• Bring a systematic, disciplined, dynamically adjusted approach to evaluate and recommend improvements to the effectiveness of risk management, internal control and governance processes.
Job responsibilities include:
• Leads and participates in audits and reviews of systems and processes, with an emphasis on internal controls and business ethics at the corporate level and for multiple businesses in locations throughout LATAM.
• Leads and participates in audits by planning and scoping, conducting audit opening/closing/status meetings, executing audit programs, conducting interviews, and testing, documenting findings, making recommendations, preparing, and reviewing work papers, assisting management in determining audit opinions, and writing and reviewing findings and audit reports, when performing business process audit work.
• Evaluates the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, adherence to established policies and procedures, and regulatory guidance and conducts test work as outlined in the audit work program.
• Utilizes judgment as to expansion of scope, further test work needed based on trends or exceptions identified. Prepares work paper documentation to support test work performed and conclusions reached.
• Discusses irregularities, exceptions, and deficiencies discovered during the audit with the area’s supervisory personnel. Utilizes judgment and experience to assess the associated risk of the issues as to impact on conclusions, SOX 404 deficiency classification and overall audit opinion.
• Liaise with external auditors regarding audit findings and assessments.
• This role involves interaction with leadership within Finance, functions and commercial teams
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related areas
• English, Portuguese and Spanish Proficiency
• 3-6 years of demonstrated experience in audit, accounting, finance, supply chain, or operations
• CPA / CIA or other professional certification preferred
• Internal or external audit experience preferred
• Prior experience auditing using data analytics and proficiency in analyzing structured and unstructured data preferred
• Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions
• Strong Communication skills
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team environment and to work independently with limited guidance
• Ability to provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members as needed; managing multiple projects at the same time
• Exhibit the communication skills needed to explain audit findings to obtain management buy-in for constructive change
• Demonstrate strong report-writing skills in English and a history of making tangible contributions to finished products
• Experience with data analytics tools
• Ability to recognize and communicate control weaknesses.
• Proficient in SAP (FI, MM, BW etc.), Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; SAP Central Finance (CFIN) proficiency, a plus.
• May require travel approximately 10 - 20% of the time