Salesforce Solution Architect - CRM (Hybrid Model (Ideal) / 100% Remote is an option
Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come.
Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
Corteva Agriscience creates the worlds most recognized and premium agricultural solutions to address the greatest challenges in agriculture. With a focus on technology, Corteva Agriscience creates seed and crop protection products that increase productivity and profit for farmers while reducing risks to their business. Every day our digital tools deliver insights our global partners need to thrive now and into the future. As the worlds first dedicated agriculture start-up, were building a culture that stays curious, thinks differently, acts boldly and takes a stand on whats right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our team-oriented environment.
The Salesforce Solution Architect / Product Family Architect (PFA) - CRM acts as an owner and coordinator of Salesforce architecture design, technical strategy, and operational standards across the CRM Product Family. Because of this scale and complexity, the PFA has additional duties above a typical Solution Architect to work closely with the IT Product Owner and Product Line Architect on new and existing technical and business demand. They work in team-based environments to understand business requirements and design enterprise-level, global Salesforce solutions.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities - What you will do to help us grow!
They are an Influencer guiding individuals and teams by:
- Keeping Product Family teams in sync with changing technical and business environments.
- Acting as an initial contact point and solutions architect for business and IT Product Owners or others when it is not clear what the right product is to deliver the business outcome.
- Evaluating enterprise standards and understanding if/how to implement in the products across the entire Product Family.
- Working with the Solution Architects to mentor the next generation of architects
They are a Capability Builder aiding the success of business focused IT solutions by:
- Working with Product Owners on new demand evaluation and architectural assessments.
- Being a technical guide in product planning and product road-mapping efforts for Product Family Product Owners and Solution Architects.
- Working alongside the Product Family Product Owners to evaluate options for solutions.
- Ensuring product alignment to Corteva standard tools, and techniques.
- Demonstrating and driving best in class processes, tools, and techniques to the Product Family SAs and teams.
- Working on behalf of the Product Family teams and Solution Architects to attain new application and purchase approvals with Enterprise Architecture, Security and Privacy.
They are an Integrator driving value from IT services by:
- Evaluating enterprise standards and understanding if/how to implement in the products across the Product Family.
- Driving adherence to IT best practices alongside Product Owners, Solution Architects and Software Engineering Leads.
- Providing technical leadership for programs or across a Product Family portfolio.
- Managing and facilitating architecture and technology decision processes in the Product Family
How a PFA works?
- Productive Teams: Guides product team(s) at scale using direction from Product Line Architects, input from Solution Architects, Software Engineering Leads, business needs, and enterprise architecture.
- Standard and Compliant Solutions: consults on new demand, solution purchase requests, and custom designs to align with Enterprise Architecture, Engineering, data management, and CoE direction.
- Business Partnership: partners with teams, IT Product Owners, Business Product Owners and other Solution Architects on solutions to meet business needs using IT and industry standards-based approaches.
What are a PFAs responsibilities?
- Leads planning and execution of technical lifecycle within the Salesforce and overall CRM Product Family with IT Product Owners, Solution Architects and Software Engineering Leads.
- Engages with Business Product Owners and the IT Business Relationship Managers on new demand request reviews, Salesforce technical solutions/evaluations and POC needs for the CRM Product Family.
- Stay informed on Salesforce releases and acquisitions to help drive CRM product roadmap.
- Design user focused and innovative Salesforce solutions involving configuration of Salesforce, AppExchange packages, creation of complex data models, external integration, business process automation and custom functionality to solve business requirements.
- Promote the company's technology brand through creative thinking, and constantly raising the bar of what's possible.
- Maintains consistency of architectural principles across systems and applications by working with Solution Architects, Software Engineering Leads and IT Product Owners and in line with Salesforce best practices.
- Ensures alignment of CRM product roadmaps through Product Owners and Solution Architects; includes alignment with Salesforce & Corteva technology roadmaps and product family portfolios.
- Sets high level Salesforce technical architecture for CRM Product Family solutions and aids in determining when deviation is required.
- Advises CRM Product Family on required or recommended Technical Excellence work.
- Champions improvements of architecture and technical practices.
- Engages with teams and vendors on solution evaluations (SaaS and non-SaaS) and purchase recommendations.
- Enables CRM Product Family teams by guiding new solutions (purchased and developed) for the Product Family through Enterprise Architecture, Privacy, and Security reviews.
- Works on behalf of Corteva Security organization to drive new process and standards into the CRM Product Family and ensure Salesforce platform is configured with security best practices in mind.
- Owns the CRM Product Family solution and technology tool kit.
- Works with Solution Architects and Software Engineering Leads to optimize and standardize the CRM Product Family tools and technologies in alignment with Enterprise Architectural strategy.
- Mentors CRM Product Family Solution Architects and Software Engineering Leads where appropriate.
- Escalates issues and resolves organizational or technical problems as needed.
- Brings ideas from Engineering Community and industry to the Solution Architects and Software Engineering Leads for evaluation and implementation, shares contributions back to the Engineering Community.
- Works with peers and IT management to develop and maintain policies, standards, guidelines (guiding principles), reference architectures / patterns, decision frameworks and metrics to ensure that a consistent framework is applied across the Product Family.
Experience and Education What you'll bring to the table!
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years Salesforce experience.
- 3+ years Salesforce Solution Architect experience.
- Deep Salesforce proficiency in Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Salesforce Administration, VisualForce, Lightning Components, Salesforce APIs, APEX, Force.com, AppExchange deployment.
- Relevant Salesforce certifications, a plus.
- Einstein Analytics and Salesforce Mobile experience preferred.
- Experience with enterprise-level, global Salesforce implementations preferred.
- Experience with data migrations and integrations.
- Passionate about customer experience.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (preferably including SAFe Methodology).
- Partner effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent teamwork, communication (oral and written) and collaboration skills.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills.
What are a PFAs skills and behaviors?
- Business IQ: broad knowledge and understanding of the Product Family business domain and IT implications; growing knowledge of the business capabilities and outcomes for their product family.
- Technical IQ: cloud computing principles with specialization on the Salesforce technology stack; broad knowledge of solution architecture items such as application, data, integration, etc.; growing knowledge of the technologies and services for their product family.
- Domain IQ: knowledge of Enterprise Architecture principles, processes, and frameworks; software development lifecycle (SDLC); security and compliance principles and standards.
- Strategic partnering: building credibility, leading by influence and partnerships across the organization.
- Communications: excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.