At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
This role will conduct field agronomy research protocols under the direction of the Cross Crop Lead to support Bayer's Wheat Research Program development. Assign work in area of responsibility to contract/temporary workers, lead process improvements in ergo/safety/compliance/plot quality, monitor and acquire laboratory supplies. Assists with cross crop field testing protocol parameters. Captures quality research data in order to give reliable seed production recommendations to maximize seed yield and quality, reduce costs and improve reliability that will enable production teams to deliver.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Research Associate, are to:
- Expertise in agronomy, entomology, weed science and/or related agricultural biological discipline;
- Supports Safety and Health initiatives with site operation teams;
- Execute day to day coordination of lab/field tasks. Ability to plan, support and allocate routine workflow to other team members and contract employees;
- Responsible for achieving operational excellence by executing high quality field research through collaboration with site operation teams to include alerting Lead of issues arising of seed inventory discrepancies, safety concerns, and plot quality data capture errors;
- Responsible for specialized maintenance of Production Research field trials site level to include all research equipment;
- Assist with the Cross Crop and outside area research protocols supporting cotton, canola, soy as well as wheat geography selection;
- Ability to perform Site Responsible Researcher (SRR) duties ensuring adherence to regulated and stewardship processes and protocols that are completed accurately and timely. This includes field monitoring, communication and documentation of activities;
- Trains and participates in the development of people resources and talent at the site. Includes Interns/Coops, New Research Associates and contract employees;
- Ability to learn and apply scientific methods and non-routine techniques for analysis as directed by Cross Crop Lead, protocols and work instructions to deliver quality results based on data collection matrix;
- Records metrics such as key process indicators (KPIs) to help drive continuous process improvements and provide feedback to Leads on suggestions to achieve improved benchmarks from growing season to growing season;
- Create, edit, and perform document review ensuring all protocols are accurate and in compliance with the Quality Management System. Coordinates training and competency checks to new associates and other personnel;
- Under direction of Cross Crop Lead, assist in stakeholder interactions to address questions, concerns, and research needs (Seed Production, Market Development, Breeding and R&D);
- Provide support on IT tools/apps/equipment to the Scientist to ensure that data is tracked and recorded properly and that applications are meeting requirements of the Production Research teams;
- Develop networking opportunities with other teams at site level (to include St. Louis) to foster collaboration relationships that will allow implementation of new technologies that can drive operational efficiencies;
- Position entails driving a company vehicle (pooled or assigned to the individual). This may include being required to drive greater than 5,000 business miles annually in a personal, pooled, or rented vehicle OR being expected to frequently drive a pooled car as part of your job duties - regardless of mileage.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Master's Degree with minimal years' relevant experience OR Bachelor's Degree with minimum of 3+ years' relevant experience OR Non-degreed 10 years relevant experience;
- Valid Driver's License; Driving record (MVR) will be reviewed and must meet guidelines based on the company's Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers;
- Excellent people, managerial and organizational skills;
- Excellent communication - oral, written, under diverse circumstances and audiences;
- Results driven and capacity to influence within a matrixed organization and across functions;
- Dynamic leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated success in managing agronomic research programs;
- Demonstrated attention to detail, results orientation;
- Adept at utilizing productivity software (MS Office, JMP);
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.;
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of time.
- MS or BS in agronomy, agriculture, crop science, entomology, or related disciplines.
Domestic relocation may be provided for this role
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Nampa || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||655846 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |