!!! Now offering a SIGN-ON BONUS of $2500!!!
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. We have an exciting opportunity for a Production Technician to join our company at our Madrid, Missouri facility. We offer all the benefits that a Fortune 500 company has to offer while also providing a community feel.
We are looking for candidates who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have a stable work history. Candidates from all industry backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits; new hires start with 4 weeks off each year! In addition, we provide excellent maternity, paternal, and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your VERY FIRST day of employment
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities - What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Perform a variety of tasks associated with general plant operations, warehousing, and field activities that will evolve with each season throughout the year
- Participate in harvest activities such as preparation, seed sampling, truck unloading, and other relevant processes
- Perform a variety of tasks associated with general plant, field and warehouse operations that evolve with each season throughout the year
- Accurately perform basic preventative maintenance and inspection on equipment to ensure reliability for processes for harvesting, conditioning, treating, and packing.
- Product return and sorting activities
- Field activities such as scouting, inspection and managing logistics
- Use of automation and computerized systems to perform work tasks (computers and iPads)
- Perform warehouse activities such as forklift operation, collecting samples, pooling, and other duties associated
- Various other duties as assigned
Requirements - Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You have your High School Diploma or equivalent
- You are willing and able to do the following with or without reasonable accommodation: climb and/or work in elevated areas; stand and sit for extended periods of time; work outdoor and indoor within hot, cold, wet, and dry conditions
- Chilly warehouse? Dusty fields? No problem! You love to get out there and work hard in different environments! You are also willing and able to lift up to fifty (50) lbs. and perform work which involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
- You have a valid US Driver’s License
- You can work independently as well as in a team environment
- You are comfortable with technology and possess good computer aptitude including the use of Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), and are willing and able to learn other company specific applications as required
- You have good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- You have high attention to detail can multitask, maintain an organized workplace, and have excellent problem-solving skills
- You value health and safety! You will always work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures to ensure you and your colleagues go home safely every day
- You understand that delivering to our customers on time keeps us viable and are willing and able to work a rotating shift and overtime hours, which can include nights and weekends during seasonal peaks to support production demand
Preferences – It Would Be Great If You Have:
- Associate or trade school degree
- One (1) year of education and/or experience in operations, manufacturing, agriculture, or warehousing
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work
Work Authorization & Relocation:
- No Visa Sponsorship offered or available for this position
- No relocation allowance offered or available for this position
Site Dedicated (100% at Corteva location):
- This role will be on-site at our Corteva location
Ready to grow your perspective, impact, and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!