!!!Now Offering $2500 Sign-On Bonus!!!
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. We have an exciting opportunity for a Production Technician at our Plymouth, Indiana production location. We stay busy and challenged year-round with a diversity of tasks and activities! We take pride in the quality of our work and the safety of all our team members.
We are looking for candidates who take the initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have a stable work history.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits; new hires start with 4 weeks off each year! In addition, we provide excellent maternity, paternal, and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your VERY FIRST day of employment
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities - What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Participate in harvest activities such as preparation, seed sampling, truck unloading, and other relevant processes
- Effectively demonstrate, communicate, and lead safety standards expectations to team with regards to OSHA requirements, Corteva’s policies, standards, and procedures to ensure a strong safety culture
- Perform a variety of tasks associated with general plant, field and warehouse operations that evolve with each season throughout the year
- Accurately monitor highly automated equipment for processes such as harvesting, conditioning, treating, and packing
- Field activities such as scouting, inspection and managing logistics
- Use of automation and computerized systems to perform work tasks (computers and iPads)
- Perform warehouse activities such as forklift operation, collecting samples, pooling, and other duties associated
- Various other duties as assigned
Requirements - Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You possess a minimum of three (3) years direct seed production experience within operation
- You have previous leadership experience and/or effectively demonstrate leading a team without official authority
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience across various seed operations and operations programs such as SeedPro, SAP, MES, Apriso, etc.
- You are willing and able to do the following with or without reasonable accommodation: climb and/or work in elevated areas; stand and sit for extended periods of time; work outdoor and indoor within hot, cold, wet, and dry conditions
- Chilly warehouse? Dusty fields? No problem! You love to get out there and work hard in different environments! You are also willing and able to lift up to fifty (50) lbs. and perform work which involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
- You have a valid US Driver’s License
- You demonstrate integrity and promote a positive working environment by being a self-starter and willing to assist team members on a consist basis.
- You are comfortable with technology and possess excellent computer aptitude including the use of Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), and are willing and able to learn other company specific applications as required
- You have good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- You have high attention to detail can multitask, maintain an organized workplace, and have excellent problem-solving skills
- You uphold health and safety to the highest standard! You consistently help others and demonstrate adherence to safety protocols, policies, and procedures to ensure you and your colleagues go home safely every day
- You understand that delivering to our customers on time keeps us viable and are willing and able to work a rotating shift and overtime hours, which can include nights and weekends during seasonal peaks to support production demand
During peak season (September-April) the Plymouth team runs a 24/7 schedule based on demand. Shift hours can be up to twelve (12) hours and will include weekend night shifts, but will vary based upon demand and scheduling
Preferences – It Would Be Great If You Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Business, Manufacturing, or related field
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work
- General knowledge and/or experience within the agriculture field
Work Authorization and Relocation:
- No Visa Sponsorship offered or available for this position
- No relocation allowance offered or available for this position
Site Dedicated (100% at Corteva location):
- This role will be on-site at our Corteva location
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact, and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!