We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close. Growing What Matters Starts with You!
As the world’s only major agriscience company completely dedicated to agriculture, we’re building a culture that stays curious, thinks differently, acts boldly, and takes a stand on what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our stakeholders, and our planet. We know we’ve got big challenges to solve- we hope you’ll be a part of the solution.
About this Role:
In this role you will perform a variety of tasks associated with general plant operations and field activities that will evolve with each season throughout the year. You will be responsible for setting up and monitoring highly automated equipment for various processes such as harvest, treating, and packaging.
$2,500 SIGN ON BONUS!
Responsibilities – What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Harvest activities such as preparation, husk sort oversight, drying, shelling etc.
- Plant operations activities such as treating, packaging, palletizing etc.
- Quality Control activities, such as seed quality analysis, tag printing, etc.
- Return and rework activities.
- Field management activities such as scouting, field maintenance.
- Warehousing activities including forklift operation, collecting samples, pooling, etc.
- Gather data for continuous improvement projects.
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Requirements - Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You have proactive work ethic and good time management skills!
- You value health and safety! You will always work safety and follow all safety policies and procedures to ensure you and your colleagues go home safely every day.
- You look at problems to find a solution and love solving them!
- You value working as a team, are proactive, communicate concerns, and are accepting of change.
- You can work independently, multitask, and maintain an organized workplace.
- You have your High School Diploma or GED.
- You are seasoned in the working-world and have at least one year of on-the-job experience in any field.
- You have a valid Driver’s license, so you can drive a company vehicle to field locations when needed.
- Chilly warehouse? Dusty fields? No problem! You love to get out there and work hard in different environments! You are also willing and able to lift to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting with or without reasonable accommodation.
- You are willing and able to work shift work.
- You are willing and able to work overtime, weekends and holiadys when needed.
Preferences – It Would Be Great If You Have:
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work.
- Forklift operation experience.
- Quality Control, or Quality Operations experience.
- Knowledge of agriculture field equipment.
- WMS and SAP system experience.
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer aptitude including use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.
Start by applying to this opportunity today!