!! NOW OFFERING $2,500 SIGN ON BONUS!!
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. We have an exciting opportunity for a Production Technician at our Connell WA Parent Seed location. We stay busy and challenged year-round with a diversity of tasks and activities at Connell! We take pride in the quality of our work and the safety of all of our team members. We are looking for candidates who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have stable work history.
*Please note there is NO relocation allowance or visa sponsorship available for this position.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Enjoy competitive wages starting at $20/hr based on qualifications, education, and experience.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits; new hires start with 4 weeks off each year. We also have excellent paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your VERY FIRST day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities - What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Shipping and receiving activities, including interplant movement, warehousing, and inventory management of bulk and bagged seed.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with growers, detasseling and roguing contractors, as well as seed field inspectors.
- Handle a high volume and complexity of product (e.g. number of hybrids, customization).
- Seed field management activities such as scouting, field maintenance, pollination delay, rouging, and control activities.
- Compliance with Quality Plan Work Instructions and Quality Plan requirements.
- Overseeing processes while partnering with seasonal workers to ensure quality field operations and activities.
- Harvest activities such as preparation, drying, stabilization.
- General repair and preventative maintenance activities. Use of automation and computerized systems to perform work tasks (computers and iPads).
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements - Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You have your High School Diploma or GED.
- You have good computer skills and are experienced with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- You enjoy the challenge of having a variety of tasks and staying busy!
- You value the safety of yourself and your co-workers and will eagerly participate in safe work practices, on-the-job safety, and work safety programs.
- You appreciate being in a position that has strong potential for advancement.
- You value working as a team, are proactive, communicate concerns, and are accepting of change.
- You can work independently, multitask, and maintain an organized workplace.
- You are seasoned in the working-world and/or have at least two years of education in operations, manufacturing, agriculture or warehousing.
- You have a valid driver’s license, so you are able to drive a company vehicle when needed.
- Chilly warehouse? No problem! You love to get out there and work hard in different environments! You are also willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting with or without reasonable accommodation.
- You understand that delivering to our customers on-time keeps us viable and are willing and able to work a rotating shift and overtime hours including occasional weekend work which may be required during seasonal peaks (April – July and September – November) to support those goals.
Preferences – It Would Be Great If You Have:
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work.
- Forklift operation experience.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!