!!NOW OFFERING SIGN ON BONUS OF $2,500!!
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. We have an exciting opportunity for a Production Specialist to join our organization at our Connell, WA Parent Seed production facility. If you are looking for a new challenge and continued professional growth this is the opportunity for you.
*Please note there is NO relocation allowance or visa sponsorship available for this position.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Enjoy competitive wages from $24.92 - $29.00 based on qualifications, education, and experience.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits; new hires start with 4 weeks off each year. We also have excellent paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your FIRST day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities – What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Perform a variety of tasks associated with general plant operations and field activities that will evolve with each season throughout the year.
- Perform administrative procedures, along with all procedures associated with field activities.
- Oversee processes while partnering with seasonal workers to ensure quality field operations and activities.
- Harvest activities such as preparation, drying, stabilization.
- Shipping and receiving activities, including interplant movement, warehousing, and inventory management of bulk and bagged seed.
- Packaging activities including lab work, palletizing and re-work.
- Field management activities; detasseling, scouting, field maintenance, etc.
- Warehousing activities including forklift operation, collecting samples, pooling, etc.
- Gathering data for future aid in continuous improvement projects.
- Meet demands in a timely fashion while maintaining seed quality.
- General repair and maintenance activities.
- Various other duties as assigned.
Requirements – Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You have your High School diploma/GED.
- You have 2 years of on-the-job related agronomy, agricultural, production, or manufacturing experience.
- You have experience with technology – iPads, computers, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- When you see a problem, what you notice is the opportunity to find and implement a solution!
- You love working in fast-paced environments and are skilled at managing multiple tasks and priorities successfully.
- You have good people skills.
- You have a valid US driver’s license, so you will be able to drive company vehicles on-assignment when needed.
- You value the safety of yourself and your co-workers and will eagerly participate in safe work practices, on-the-job safety, and work safety programs.
- Chilly warehouse? Dusty field inspections? No problem! You love to get out there and be in the heart of operations with your team and work hard!
- You always are willing to help out and physical work isn’t a problem for you…Passing by a team member struggling to lift something? Safety is your top priority and you are willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations to help your colleague and/or perform necessary job tasks!
- You are willing and able to overtime including weekends when necessary to meet business needs.
Preferences – It Would Be Great If You Have:
- An Associate’s Degree or higher, related to agriculture or industrial operations.
- Previous training on or experience with field inspections.
- Leadership or coaching experience.
- Knowledge of field equipment and techniques (irrigation, cutting, wheel-pulling, delays, scouting, etc.).
- Experience with Mapping Software (ArcGIS, ProMap).
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!