!!Now offering $1,000 Sign-On Bonus!!
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. Our Crop Protection site located in Valdosta, GA has an exciting opportunity for a Production Operator to join Corteva Agriscience.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits; new hires start with 4 weeks off each year. As well as paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- Company contribution to your Health Savings Account (HSA) and 401K.
- Bonus program.
- Healthy incentive credits.
- Wellness program.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- And much, much more!
This job exists to provide leadership, operational expertise, technical, mechanical, and hands-on assistance for safe operation of the Corteva Agriscience Building Valdosta, GA facility. The following are some key responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot equipment, process and quality problems. Analyze and resolve them. Take ownership of resolution.
- Take initiative by proactively identifying roadblocks to achieving the plant goals and work to resolve.
- Prep and isolate equipment for maintenance. Complete Return to Operation checks. Write safe work permits.
- Perform competitive work practices.
- Assure compliance with all EH&S requirements related to assigned roles per plant and site policies.
- Formulate individual goals which align with the plant goals and execute. Update progress quarterly.
- Utilize electronic tools (e.g. electronic logbook, event and action tool, master task list, outlook, etc.).
- Follow applicable supporting work processes (e.g. Global Maint Work Process, Operate Plant Work Process, Material Flow Work Process, EH&S work process etc.).
- Review and update plant operating discipline to capture best practices.
- Participate in plant initiatives (e.g. involvement in teams, operating discipline improvements, work process implementation, work process tools).
- Communicate role related information between shifts and day staff.
- Promote an environment of teamwork while leading through example.
- Ensure personal learning needs are achieved utilizing the available learning resources.
- Lead or participate in Root Cause Investigations.
- Participate in reviews and implementation of plant projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School/GED or equivalent.
- Relevant trade school training or technical background.
- 2+ years of manufacturing or relevant military experience.
- Have a current, valid, United States driver's license.
- Pass a drug screen, background history, and other relevant medical evaluation if job offer is received and accepted.
- Read, write, and speak English.
- Reliable attendance.
- Work a rotating shift and/or overtime, as business needs require.
- Ability to be medically approved and regularly fit tested for respirator use.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Obtain necessary certifications as needed.
- Work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
Candidate must be able to perform the Essential Functions of the role, which include, but are not limited to the ability to:
- Use standard safety equipment which is rated for 300 pounds or less.
- Pull, lift and carry up to 50 pounds multiple times per day and maneuver hoses, ball flanges and operate valves and similar equipment.
- Perceive, identify, and respond to plant and site alarms or other hazard warnings.
- Follow procedures and practices to ensure a safe and efficient operation.
- Wear a uniform and safety equipment, such as respirators, earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes.
- Safely operate fork trucks, condors, and/or site vehicles.
- Candidates must be willing and able to work in environments that include: tight or closed-in spaces, climb stairs/ladders and working at heights, stand or walk for extended periods of time, frequent bending and reaching, outdoors and in inclement weather.
If hired, you are indicating that you are able to complete the essential functions of the job (including physical requirements) with or without, if applicable, reasonable accommodation for disability.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!