Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Through leading innovations, we help farmers around the world meet the challenge of feeding a growing population and taking care of our planet. We are currently seeking a Product Owner-IoT Data Platform in Durham, NC or Downers Grove, IL. As a Product Owner, you will play a key role in our data strategy and supports critical decisions such as predicting the value of seeds through Genotype, Environment and Management practices and understanding how key elements contribute to the product’s success.
You will help meet the world’s most pressing needs by:
Use world-class engineering and machine learning techniques on internal and external big data to enable fully connected product pipeline and enable business intelligence at scale. Product design, planning and execution throughout the platform lifecycle.
- Own the strategy and execution of a product roadmap for a data platform that manages, curates and delivers high quality IoT data and services.
- Ensure alignment with Seeds R&D business objectives and priorities. Prioritize and make tradeoff decisions to ensure maximum impact and business value can be realized from Data Platform investment.
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical business partners, internal and external, to develop decision rich analytics and metrics that describe the performance of matching systems and quality of our data.
- Educate and evangelize to other teams on how the platform's capabilities can be utilized by other digital products and services.
- Collaborate with data engineers, Machine Learning ML applied scientists, software engineering, data scientist, and User Experience engineers to support solutions delivered to our business partners.
- Collaborate on data and ML models that improves entity extraction, classification, and disambiguation.
- Advanced degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Knowledge of the IoT data domain, data management and analysis
- Knowledge of data and software product development best practices
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate business intuition into data-driven hypotheses that result in impactful engineering solutions.
- Experience delivering production scale data and ML systems as a domain product owner.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams on strategic data & ML product initiatives from conception to production
- Experience working with the IoT tech stack, including cloud platforms and networking technology
- Passionate about using data and analytics and maximizing value of IoT data in the product development pipeline
- Interest and passion for working in a complex data domain and dynamic business environment, solving challenging problems and supporting digital transformation
What We Offer:
Full Benefit Package Medical, Dental & Vision that starts the same day you do 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution Open Vacation Policy with a minimum of 15 days of vacation and up to 30 days with manager approval, 9 Paid Holidays Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity, and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act FMLA
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's EEOC
Employee Polygraph Protection Act EPPA