Product Family Architect (PFA)
Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
We create the world’s most recognized and premium agricultural solutions to address the greatest challenges in agriculture. With a focus on technology, Corteva Agriscience creates seed and crop protection products that increase productivity and profit for farmers while reducing risks to their business. Every day our digital tools deliver insights our global partners need to thrive now and into the future. As the world’s first dedicated agriculture start-up, we’re building a culture that stays curious, thinks differently, acts boldly and takes a stand on what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our team-oriented environment.
Corteva Agriscience is looking for an innovative, energetic, and transformational Product Family Architect (PFA).
The Product Family Architect (PFA) - QSCEM acts as an owner and coordinator of architecture design, technical strategy, and operational standards across the Quality, Supply Chain, Engineering & Manufacturing Product Family supporting the Global Seed Production business. Because of this scale and complexity, the PFA has additional duties above a typical Solution Architect to work closely with the IT Product Owner and Product Line Architect on new and existing technical and business demand. They work in team-based environments to understand business requirements and design enterprise-level, global solutions.
Primary Responsibilities - How you will help us Grow!
IT PFA fosters innovative, productive teams, standard and compliant solutions within a family:
They are an Influencer guiding individuals and teams by:
- Keeping Product Family teams in sync with changing technical and business environments.
- Acting as an initial contact point and solutions architect for business and IT Product Owners or others when it is not clear what the right product is to deliver the business outcome.
- Evaluating enterprise standards and understanding if/how to implement in the products across the entire Product Family.
- Working with the Solution Architects and Software Engineering Leads to mentor the next generation of architects.
They are a Capability Builder aiding the success of business focused IT solutions by:
- Working with Product Owners on new demand evaluation and architectural assessments.
- Being a technical guide in product planning and product road-mapping efforts for Product Family Product Owners and Solution Architects.
- Working alongside the Product Family Product Owners to evaluate options for solutions.
- Ensuring product alignment to Corteva standard tools, and techniques.
- Demonstrating and driving best in class processes, tools, and techniques to the Product Family SAs and teams.
- Working on behalf of the Product Family teams and Solution Architects to attain new application and purchase approvals with Enterprise Architecture, Security and Privacy.
They are an Integrator driving value from IT services by:
- Evaluating enterprise standards and understanding if/how to implement in the products across the Product Family.
- Driving adherence to IT best practices alongside Product Owners, Solution Architects and Software Engineering Leads.
- Providing technical leadership for programs or across a Product Family portfolio.
- Managing and facilitating architecture and technology decision processes in the Product Family.
How a PFA works?
- Productive Teams: Guides product team(s) at scale using direction from Product Line Architects, input from Solution Architects, Software Engineering Leads, business needs, and enterprise architecture.
- Standard and Compliant Solutions: Consults on new demand, solution purchase requests, and custom designs to align with Enterprise Architecture, Engineering, data management, and CoE direction.
- Business Partnership: Partners with teams, IT Product Owners, Business Product Owners and other Solution Architects on solutions to meet business needs using IT and industry standards-based approaches.
What are a PFA’s responsibilities?
- Leads planning and execution of technical lifecycle for new and existing solutions within the QSCEM Product Family with IT Product Owners, Solution Architects and Software Engineering Leads.
- Engages with Business Product Owners and the IT Business Relationship Managers on new demand request reviews, technical solutions/evaluations and POC needs.
- Maintains consistency of architectural principles across systems and applications by working with Solution Architects, Software Engineering Leads and IT Product Owners and in line with Enterprise Architecture best practices.
- Ensures alignment of QSCEM product roadmaps with enterprise technology roadmaps.
- Sets high level technical architecture for QSCEM Product Family solutions and aids in determining when deviation is required.
- Advises QSCEM Product Family on required or recommended Technical Excellence work.
- Champions improvements of architecture and technical practices.
- Engages with teams and vendors on solution evaluations (SaaS and non-SaaS) and purchase recommendations.
- Enables QSCEM Product Family teams by guiding new solutions (purchased and developed) for the Product Family through Enterprise Architecture, Privacy, and Security reviews.
- Works on behalf of Corteva Security organization to drive new process and standards into the QSCEM Product Family and ensure product platforms are configured with security best practices in mind.
- Works with Solution Architects and Software Engineering Leads to optimize and standardize the QSCEM Product Family tools and technologies in alignment with Enterprise Architectural strategy.
- Mentors Solution Architects and Software Engineering Leads where appropriate.
- Escalates issues and resolves organizational or technical problems as needed.
- Brings ideas from Engineering Community and industry to the Solution Architects and Software Engineering Leads for evaluation and implementation, shares contributions back to the Engineering Community.
- Works with peers and IT management to develop and maintain policies, standards, guidelines (guiding principles), reference architectures / patterns, decision frameworks and metrics to ensure that a consistent framework is applied across the Product Family.
Requirements – What you'll bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration, Engineering, or equivalent work experience 5+ years of experience in designing and engineering complex, high-quality IT solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in designing and engineering complex, high-quality IT solutions.
- Experience in Supply planning and logistics solution implementations.
- Experience with LIMS systems a plus.
- Familiar with agriculture and ag business processes a plus.
- Experience working with Agile and product-oriented methodologies.
- Familiar with CI/CD practices and Infrastructure as Code.
- Experience with .NET framework and C#.
- Partner effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent teamwork, communication (oral and written) and collaboration skills.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills.
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at just a few of the advantages to working at Corteva and how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more.
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.