|Search jobs!||Advanced Search|
|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. To support that challenge, the Operations Team is currently seeking a Operation Excellence Engineer, to be located in Slater, Iowa
• Develop manufacturing processes for Syngenta seeds processing from raw to finished product encompassing a wider plant portfolio including business processes / plant development and compliance systems.
• Provide process engineering expertise for the designed manufacturing facilities i.e. Troubleshooting of problems associated with manufacturing processes, with a clear focus on safety, capacity, flexibility, cost and quality.
• Identifies solutions to increase manufacturing capacity, improve quality and/or reduce manufacturing costs at seeds production sites.
• Promotes continuous improvement culture PDCA Identifying, collecting, and implementing continuous improvements ideas.
• Apply advanced methodologies in problem solving where needed LSS, FMEA, RCA, TPM,..
• Is confident in data management and KPI usage - supports decision taking through comprehensive data analysis control charts, Pareto charts, ..,
• Support the execution of projects at the site, both as project manager designated from project concept to installation or startup leader from installation to commissioning & qualification phases.
• Build a network with internal and external manufacturing sites, to share good practices & learnings new industrial tools, equipment, continuous improvement.
• Typically, 5 years of experience in industry, whether in process development or in a production environment or associated support functions.
• Demonstrated understanding of chemical / biological / industrial process hazards.
• Capability to manage a project project management skills
• Track records of applying process engineering principles.
• Analytical skills for troubleshooting designs not working as planned, asking the right questions, and finding answers that work
• Interpersonal skills in developing positive working relationships with other employees working with the production process
• Math skills for using the principals of advanced math topics including troubleshooting their work, calculus for analysis and design
• University degree BS min or equivalent in process, chemistry, chemical / industrial engineering / biology / agronomy / food science.
• Demonstrates experience in or operational manufacturing role .
• Languages: Local language + English written, spoken is a must
Critical technical, professional, and personal capabilities
• The jobholder should be able to work largely independently under minimum supervision with ability to influence personal without formal authority line.
• The successful applicant will be working as part of a closely integrated and flexible team and therefore will be expected to demonstrate flexibility, willingness to help others and the motivation to work towards team goals.
• The jobholder should set him/herself high personal standards for housekeeping, safety and compliance to HSE and Quality standards.
Employee may, as part of his/her role and maybe through multifunctional teams, participates in the creation and design of innovative solutions. In this context, Employee may contribute to inventions, designs, other work product, including know-how, copyrights, software, innovations, solutions, and other intellectual assets.
What We Offer:
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act FMLA
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's EEOC
Employee Polygraph Protection Act EPPA
Register for your free AgCareers.com account to receive exclusive information and features.