Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. To support that challenge, the Slater Operations Team is currently seeking a Manufacturing Associate, to be located in Slater, Iowa
The purpose of the Manufacturing Associate is to lead the execution of corn and soybean automated trial packaging, strictly follow HSE and Stewardship practices, provide quality yield and agronomic data to assist scientists in delivering project goals, as well as to support site management with the functional activities of a research station
- Lead the operation of Almaco PowerPlant clamshell packaging for all NA yield trials. This includes operation of seed carousels, managing daily priorities and labor needs.
- Be accountable for safe and timely delivery of quality supply based on production schedules while maintaining an efficient operation.
- Support overall site Key Metrics including total throughput and deadlines met.
- Be responsible for developing, implementing, and leading a working environment and promotes the building of a working relationships with other groups.
- Be expected to get results through high personal proficiency delegation of task, coordinating the work of others, developing the team and innovate and improve processes.
- This role will partner with Logistics and Trialing team managers to develop and communicate the priorities for the packaging team to progress towards targets.
- Daily production schedule for the packaging team and follow trials through the system and ID any gaps and opportunities
- Functioning as an integral member of a team leading aspects of NA yield trial packaging, planting, cultivating, note taking and breeding nurseries.
- Responsible for efforts to maintain integrity of seed inventory, packaging, field layout, and shipping.
- Performing all tasks and behaving in a manner compliant with and in support of all safety and stewardship related company policies and practices, including completing all required company training courses.
- Leading tasks completed by other FTE staff and third-party contract labor to achieve desired results.
- Provide daily direction to 80+ contract staff
- Provide task specific training to FTEs and contract staff
- Leading complex projects and deliver on key targets. Effectively communicating regularly with peers and supervisors regarding the status of projects and work activities to meet deadlines
B.S. Degree in an engineering/agriculture/manufacturing related discipline and/ 3 plus years of Manufacturing Experience Required Experience working with interdisciplinary teams. Demonstrated outstanding communication skills Must be able to work in a team environment and lead team projects. Coordinate and manage workload to complete objectives and tasks. Must be detail oriented, and drive attention to accuracy Ability to use MS Office, especially Word, Excel, Power Point and other standard office software. Demonstrated initiative and implementation of specific, measurable performance objectives. Ability and motivation to learn new technologies. Role model Syngenta’s commitment to safety, sustainability and product stewardship. History of implementation of continuous improvements and new innovations Knowledge of best practices in warehouse/manufacturing environments a must
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Capable of working in high or low temperature conditions in field or greenhouse. Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds. Capable of working long hours during time-critical periods of the growing season
WORKING CONDITIONS WHILE PERFORMING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Field, greenhouse, laboratory, office. Domestic and international travel required with occasional overnight stays. Stays at off-season production/nursery locations may extend to two to three weeks. Potential allergens pollen, fungal spores, chemical pesticides in the field or greenhouse.
Seasonal travel to off station testing locations, project meetings. Domestic and international travel required with seasonal overnight stays.
Experience with high-throughput automated systems and relevant information technology A basic understanding of plant genetics and breeding is desirable. Clear understanding of the practices and procedures that affect trial data precision and accuracy. Chemical Applicator’s license w/ Seed Treatment application experience a plus Proven record of meeting deadlines in peak seasons. Ability to use and support proprietary IT systems. Experience with Power BI, SmartSheets is a plus Experience with precision agriculture equipment and software systems Good communication skills Ability to use MS Office, especially Word, Excel, Power Point and other standard office software. Ability to use and support proprietary IT systems for data collection/analysis, tracking agronomic practices, and metric and KPI tracking. Experience in the operation, adjustment, maintenance of and ability to do minor repairs on various plot equipment, including a planter, tractor, cultivator, sprayer, combine, truck and trailer is desirable. Ability to learn and use proprietary systems for label printing and inventory management. Ability and motivation to learn new technologies.
What We Offer:
Full Benefit Package Medical, Dental & Vision that starts the same day you do 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution Paid Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act FMLA
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's EEOC
Employee Polygraph Protection Act EPPA