At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
High Voltage Tech
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
- Perform and arrange construction and maintenance work on wood poles and pole structures, including overseeing in house Linemen contractors in:
- Framing and erecting poles;
- Hanging insulators and hardware;
- Stringing, sagging and clipping conductors;
- Perform and arrange periodic inspection of wood poles and wood pole structures, including:
- Electrical hardware, conductors on distribution cable systems;
- Maintain luminaries mounted on power system poles;
- Repair or replace:
- Connections (Top & Bottom kits);
- Grounding system wiring or other components;
- Take clearances and prepare and perform switching of substations without:
- Causing power interruptions;
- 13.8kV distribution gear;
- 13.8kV S&C switches;
- Maintenance, Calibration, Operation, Lockout/Tagout of 13.8kV switches mentioned above, and 480V distribution gear and switches;
- Test breaker curves, adjust as appropriate;
- PM breakers on a periodic basis;
- Lockout/Tagout when performing predictive maintenance (PM) on motor control centers (MCC’s);
- Perform or assist with infrared analysis of medium voltage and low voltage gear;
- Perform battery maintenance;
- Maintain PM records and files on PC and/or paper based systems;
- Respond to emergencies, such as transformer or transmission line failures, and restore power;
- Assist engineering and leadership in incident investigation and or Electrical Power Report creation, action item identification and follow up;
- Prepare and follow switching orders that will isolate work areas without causing power outages, by using one line diagrams or other system documentation;
- Control, monitor, and/or operate equipment and local and remote control system readings to ensure that electrical distribution equipment is operating properly;
- Coordinate with engineers, planners, field personnel, other plant workers, and local utility company workers to provide information such as clearances, switching orders, and distribution process changes;
- Complete associated paperwork and reports required for any/all of the above listed tasks;
- Interface with production areas to coordinate and/or schedule opportunities for substation PM’s;
- Interface with production areas to coordinate and/or schedule opportunities for project tie-ins.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ten years (min.) experience in medium to high voltage maintenance and operations of 480 volt to 13.8k volt systems, including lineman and substation mechanic related activities;
- Willing to serve on the plant site Hurricane Residence Crew which requires staying in the plant from team activation, through the storm and into recovery phase after the storm;
- Basic understanding of electrical power distribution systems as they apply to chemical manufacturing sites;
- Fundamental understanding of personal computers, and aptitude for Windows based programs (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Good communication skills, both oral and written;
- Good decision making, problem solving, and attention to detail skills;
- Must be able to perform work in a manufacturing plant environment, including ascending/descending stairs and ladders;
- Ability to work as an individual contributor and part of a diverse team composed of engineers, maintenance personnel, operations personnel and leadership;
- Willing to work occasional overtime to support business needs;
- Willing to accept "on call" responsibilities;
- Willing to serve on the plant site Hurricane Residence Crew;
- Strong safety ethic.
Colorado Jobs: employees can expect to be paid a salary of approximately $____ (or between $_____ to $_____). Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). Other benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, PTO, sick leave, etc.. The salary (or range) displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role, and may vary based on market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: employees can expect to be paid a salary of approximately $____ (or between $_____ to $_____). Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, PTO, sick leave, etc. This salary (or salary range) is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Luling || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||704421 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |