Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva™ Agriscience™ has the responsibility to develop new active ingredients and new formulated products that are competitive with the current and future market conditions. The individual in the Formulation Development Group Leader position, working in conjunction with commercial, regulatory, operation, and other crop protection R&D, is responsible for leading multi-disciplinary formulation development group to design and develop of novel and innovative formulated Crop Protection products to ensure successful and seamless product launches and timely and cost-effective product and manufacturing process support. This role also has accountability for ensuring safety and the conduct of high-quality science in the Indianapolis formulation labs.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Lead the Formulation Development R&D team:
- Lead and inspire a highly engaged team of formulation scientists and technicians to deliver new products and excellent support for the existing product portfolio. Drive short- term goals and long-term strategic planning and prioritization for formulation design and process development to ensure that requirements and business needs are met through efficient use of group resources and consideration of technical and business issues.
- Establish the strategy for formulation design and development, meeting customer needs around the world, emerging technologies and innovation, and evolving business needs, and lead the implementation of this strategy.
- Develop and implement objectives and metrics to monitor performance and utilize these metrics to review project status and progress with functional and business leaders. Ensure IP strategy is in place and executed for research and development of formulated crop protection products.
- External participation and influence is desired through industry technical forums to ensure external market drivers and the competitive landscape are incorporated into strategies and objectives.
- Develop Critical capabilities for Formulation Design and Development.
- Develop the technical and leadership capabilities of formulation personnel in order to launch products successfully and to provide timely and knowledgeable product support. Develop and implement formulation capability strategy by leveraging both internal and external expertises as appropriate.
- Drive the digital transformation of formulation research by applying high-throughput lab automation, data analytical and modeling tools.
- Lead all people processes to ensure the development of staff to meet current and future company needs.
- Ensure technical excellence is continuously developed and personal growth of all staff occurs. Ensure personnel receive appropriate technical, project management, and leadership training.
- Enable a sustainable Formulation R&D organization. Develop, implement, and continuously improve the organizational design for Formulation R&D to sustain high performance to support anticipated business growth.
- Work safely, in full observance of Company safety and environmental plans and policies, and lead the operations of on-site formulation laboratories to foster a strong commitment to safety and overall environmental responsibility.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- At least 5 years total industry experience with at least 3 years direct experience in crop protection, pharmaceutical, or consumer products formulations and product development.
- At least 2 years of experience in leadership roles.
- Understanding of economic, competitive, and practical use factors affecting opportunities in agricultural markets and a working knowledge of current commercial standards in agricultural and specialty crops is desired.
- Knowledge of and experience in commercial scale-up and formulation manufacturing processes is desired.
- Demonstrated skill in project management is required.
- Strong knowledge of Corteva product development work processes and product change work processes is plus
- An ability to think ‘outside the box’ to develop novel, creative solutions for product and regulatory challenges and to inspire innovation in others is critical, as innovation will be the key to future breakthroughs in product development.
- Negotiate conflicting cross-business, cross-area, or cross-functional and customer issues. Negotiate for needed resources to result in win-win outcomes. Build relationships outside the Formulation sub-function that enhance the performance of the teams.
- People leadership experience and proven skill is critical, as this role has functional accountability across a variety of countries and cultures.
- Thorough understanding and practices of laboratory safety operations.
Minimum bachelor’s degree in organic chemistry, physical chemistry, or chemical engineering; master’s or PhD preferred. Expertise in polymers, materials, surface chemistry, or colloidal sciences is desired.
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
• Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
• Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
• Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
• And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!