Corteva Agriscience, the world's first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what's right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future. #GrowWhatMatters
Were hiring for a Field Scientist. Learn how you can be our voice in the conversation about the future of agriculture.
The purpose of the role:
- Conducts and/or monitors trials to characterize the field performance of traits and chemistry in line with technical objectives provided by Biology Leaders within the Crop Protection Discovery and Development (CPDD) Field Sciences Team and pertinent company stewardship guidelines.
- Summarizes data at the local level and contributes to regional and global field data summaries for Corteva products.
- Provides local knowledge on crop management practices, issues, and trends to Field Sciences teams as well as the commercial organization.
- Supports product launches as part of a cross-functional team in the country or Commercial Unit. Reports to the Commercial Unit Field Science Leader.
- Accountable for flawless field trial execution: Selecting sites based on technical objectives, understanding, and writing of protocols, forecasting sample needs and organizing local shipments of test items. Accountable for exact planting, applications, and evaluations as well reliable upload of data to pertinent data bases. Accountable for destruction of crop after trial completion according to local regulations.
- Summarizes data from own trials as well as data from other field scientists and provides key observations and recommendations on product performance to the Program Leader in CPDD and cross functional product development teams.
- Conducts or monitors regulatory efficacy trials and compiles summary dossiers to obtain approval for label claims.
- Assists Biology Leaders in strategy of local data generation for pipeline and existing products to ensure optimal technical value propositions for final products and cost-efficient trial plans.
- Measures and documents field performance, understands resistance issues, and identifies trends and issues relative to current and emerging competition in the assigned territory. Proposes technical positioning to the Portfolio Leadership Management Teams based on local needs and requirements in the assigned territory.
- Serves as an expert and technical focal point for specific products and crops in the assigned territory.
- Represents Corteva at relevant academic and government institutes in the assigned territory and documents emerging trends and technology related to agriculture, including presentation of papers at scientific conferences.
- Serves as local source of knowledge for new technological trends like digitalization of agriculture.
- Provides input on the critical assessment and prioritization of technical needs and activities essential to the implementation of business strategy.
Key Stakeholders and Interactions:
CPD&D Field Sciences Regional Tech Experts, Biology Leaders in the CPDD Field Sciences Team, Technical Portfolio Strategy Leaders, Portfolio Marketing Leaders, Product Managers, Market Development Specialist and Customer Technology Specialists. The role also supports Sales Representatives and Technology Transfer Leaders and interacts with Regulatory Specialists for permit, registrations, and sample import questions. External interactions include contract research organizations, temporary workers, agricultural officials, growers and technical as well as commercial staff of distributors (customer facing role).
- Get familiar with Polish crop protection market with marketing category manager and visit pre-launch trials.
- Meet farmers with Technical experts and/or sales representative to acquire knowledge about customer needs.
- Acquire knowledge how Local Product Concept Team works and take actively part in work of LPCT.
- Support the Polish sales team (deliver technical presentation, show trials, etc.)
- Participation in data review meetings.
- Coordinate high quality trials and follow up external trials.
Possible locations: Wrocaw (primary location), Katowice, Rzeszov, Nowy Sacz, Bielsko-Biala, Raciborz, Klodzko, Opole, Czestochowa, Kielce.
To Grow What Matters, You Will Need
- Broad scientific and agronomic understanding and leadership, ability to select optimal test locations and strategies and good understanding of trial designs and goals.
- Versatile individual who can solve practical problems in sometimes remote locations and is committed to a strong safety and stewardship culture.
- Ability to interact with growers and to give clear directions to contractors.
- Good command of English as well as local languages (Polish) that are relevant to the allocated territory.
Who Are We Looking For?
- Curious, bold thinkers who want to grow their careers and be part of a winning team
- Market shaping individuals who want to transform the agriculture industry to meet the worlds growing need for food
- Collaborators who thrive in a diverse, inclusive work environment
- Innovators who bring initiative and fresh ideas that drive our business into the future and make us an industry leader
Growing What Matters Starts With You What We Can Offer To Help You Grow?
- Opportunity to be part of a global industry leader working to discover solutions to the most pressing agricultural challenges of our time
- Challenging work assignments that grow your skills, capabilities and experiences
- Opportunities for international rotations and relocation that will expand your global view and cultural experience
- Diverse, inclusive work environment where employees bring their whole selves to work and feel heard, valued and empowered
- Dedicated and customized resources to help grow your professional skills, industry expertise and personal perspectives.
- Joining us is a natural opportunity to strengthen your professional network through valuable relationships.
- Support the health and well-being of every employee by offering world-class benefits, meaningful work and competitive salary
- Performance driven culture with a strong focus on speed, efficiency and agility