At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Field Sales Representative II - Specialty Hybrids - Northwest Indiana
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Field Sales Representative for Specialty Hybrids you will be responsible for growing the market share of our Seed & Trait business in Northwest Indiana including the following counties; Benton, Tippecanoe, Clinton, Carroll, White, Cass, Pulaski, Jasper, Newton, Porter, and Lake. In this position, you will create demand for Bayer Seed & Trait products through Specialty independent farmer dealers and top growers. This role reports to the Specialty Area Business Manager.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Field Sales Representative Il, are to:
- Achieve assigned targets with Bayer products in coordination with pod mates (other Bayer commercial employees in the same geography);
- Develop and implement dealer business plans, manage forecasting proactively, inventory management, and product line demand issues;
- Set the business direction, and coordinate follow-ups with dealers that drive business results;
- Serve as the key business consultant to retailers and dealers and effectively sell the value of Bayer Crop Science products;
- Demonstrate proof of product performance against the competition by being the champion of Bayer brands and product/technical/agronomic knowledge;
- Collaborate with pod-mate Field Sales Representatives (FSRs), Customer Business Advisors (CBAs), and Bayer Agronomists and Technology Development Representatives (TDR) to maximize services, information, and sales to preferred growers and key customer accounts;
- Manage actively inventory concerns as appropriate to ensure the success of meeting business objectives while anticipating demand and potential bottlenecks;
- Gather, assimilate, and analyze the market and competitive information;
- Utilize data to make key decisions to drive the business;
- Follow set strategies for achieving long and short business plans for key accounts and assigned areas;
- Manage Effectively expenses, discretionary dollars, and program payments per Bayer Crop Science policy;
- Show initiative in expanding selling skills and product/portfolio knowledge;
- Ensure achievement of program execution and program fulfillment; including national/regional marketing initiatives;
- Partner with pod-mate FSRs/CBAs and manage the relationship with top growers and retailers;
- Act as a business expert for top growers and retailers, while planning for customer business needs;
- Act as a mentor to FSR interns, Trainees, or more junior FSRs as requested by leadership;
- Manage area claims per Bayer Crop Science policy and process through effective problem solving, execution, administration, and resources management;
- Travel approximately 60%;
- Grow market share of Crop Protection/Seed and Trait business and create demand for seed growth, seed and trait, and chemistry within the territory.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree and at least three years of experience in sales, marketing, account management or agriculture, or other education level and at least seven years of listed experience;
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, oral, and written);
- Demonstrated initiative, assertiveness, and ability to drive results;
- Strong business acumen, account planning, influencing, and critical thinking skills;
- Financial, time, and territory management proficiency;
- Proven ability to multi-task in a rapid-paced and matrixed environment;
- Strong computer and presentation skills (proficiencies in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Demonstrated digital acumen and ability to analyze data to influence decisions;
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment;
- Proven interest in supporting collaboration and teamwork;
- Drive for a company that may fall under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction. This may entail the hauling of trailers, products, supplies, or equipment in a safe manner;
- Ability to pass driving record background (i.e. moving violations, accidents, License suspension, etc.
- Bachelor's degree;
- Demonstrated product, portfolio, and agronomic knowledge.
Domestic relocation assistance may be offered for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Residence Based || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||699665 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |