At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. We have an exciting opportunity for an Equipment Support Specialist (ESS) to join our company at our Union City, TN facility.
In this role you will utilize your mechanical and electrical skills to work on a variety of equipment such as planters, combines, GPS systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, scales, and other industrial automation type systems. You will also play a key role in evaluating, designing and fabricating upgrades to existing equipment and/or new field automation technology.
We are looking for candidates who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have a stable work history. Candidates from all industry backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
*Please note there is NO relocation allowance or visa sponsorship available for this position.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Enjoy competitive wages based on qualifications, education, and experience.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits; new hires start with 4 weeks off each year. We also have excellent paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your FIRST day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities – What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Support effective & safe use of field research equipment.
- Service, repair, maintain and upgrade equipment directly and/or working with vendors.
- Prepare equipment for shipment or storage which includes equipment cleaning, loading/unloading per established procedures.
- Play a key role in ensuring proper parts inventory management and tools management, both hand tools and software tools.
- Conduct field and/or shop testing of equipment and performance validation.
- Lead and model appropriate safety mindset by owning safety program(s) and ensuring adherence to safety protocols and proper PPE usage.
- Travel to various Corteva research centers to work directly with staff, provide troubleshooting expertise and hands on training related to equipment maintenance and proper operation.
- May include some administrative work such as maintaining maintenance records, creating training material, generating reports and coding invoices for payment.
- Facilitate training for users both one on one and/or in a small group setting.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements – Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You have your high school diploma/GED.
- You have varying levels of experience with fabrication, mechanical ability, electrical concepts, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- You are comfortable with technology (computers, iPads, etc), have good computer skills and are experienced with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- You have a high regard for safety and always follow safety protocols including wearing proper PPE.
- You pick up quickly on new software programs.
- You have high attention to detail, can multitask, maintain an organized workplace and have excellent problem-solving skills.
- You have a valid US drivers license.
- You are willing and able to facilitate training for small groups.
- You are willing and able to travel in your assigned region up to 20% of the time.
- You understand the cyclical nature of agriculture and are sensitive to the time constraints of working with a biological product.
- You are willing and able to do the following with or without reasonable accommodation: climb and/or work in elevated areas, stand and sit for extended periods, work both outdoors and indoors in hot/cold, wet/dry conditions, lift up to 50 lbs, and perform work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting.
- You are willing and able to work overtime hours including weekend work and on call availability as needed during seasonal peaks to support business needs.
Preferences – It Would Be Great If You Have:
- 3 years of experience in a related field, such as industrial or agricultural maintenance.
- A degree in mechanized agriculture, industrial technology, or related discipline.
- Previous experience in facilitating training.
- Willing and able to travel outside of the US but within North America up to 10% of the time.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!