Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
We invite you to help our Canada team shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. To support that challenge, the Marketing & Commercial Strategy team is currently seeking an E-Commerce and Digital Agriculture Commercial Lead reporting to the Head of Customer Engagement.
In this role you will:
Develop and execute the E-Commerce strategy, including the content and capabilities required to support the platforms of key channel partners and identify opportunities for mutual growth Develop the desired digital customer journey for key grower segments Work with the broader marketing team to ensure digital agriculture assets are integrated into customer campaigns Assess the go-to-market opportunities and value propositions for various digital agriculture tools: business cases, customer/geographic targeting, offer development and strategic fit Drive digital agriculture opportunities through to the commercial organization
We have a Flexible Work Location approach and this role can be based in Guelph, ON, Calgary, AB or remotely across Canada.
What will you do:
- Assess and summarize the national landscape of the channel’s Ecommerce efforts
- Collaborate with the Key Accounts Team to understand channel needs and co-develop offers
- Develop a strategic plan to build best-in-class support for the channel in their E-Commerce efforts: content transfer, targeting, co-marketing efforts, promotions, new technical opportunities
- Provide direction to the Data Strategy Manager and Commercial Technologies teams to meet customers’ platform requirements
- Collaboration with the Digital Marketing Team to evolve our digital interaction with customersScoping the economic potential, customer fit and targeting for Syngenta’s portfolio of digital ag tools
- Act as a key liaison between the Technology Solutions & Sustainable Agriculture, Sales, Commercial Operations and Marketing teams to shepherd digital ag products from validation to commercialization
- Integrate with the Customer Marketing team to embed digital ag products into the offers for key customer segments
- Working with the commercial team and the Digital Ag Solutions Manager to identify unaddressed customer needs in the digital ag space to inform product development and commercialization
- Develop a business case for the commercialization of new digital ag tools
- Understand grower needs and utilize segmentation to help deliver value through digital ag to the right customers, creating a strong customer experience that encourages retention and growth
You are someone with:
- Minimum 4 year degree in Agriculture, Business, Technology, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in design and commercial implementation of E-Commerce business models
- Experience working in a Business to Business to Consumer B2B2C business model
- Strategic selling and/or marketing experience with a proven customer focus orientation
- Excellent communication skills, ability to lead and influence without authority, and build meaningful connections with all stakeholders
- An excitement for solving complex problems and making compelling recommendations to commercial teams to drive business growth
- Strong business acumen including the ability to understand differentiated offer development and identification of value propositions to customers
What We Offer:
- We offer a competitive base salary and incentive bonus potential, combined with challenging and meaningful work, learning and career development opportunities and a great team environment.
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes personal and professional development and offers flexible work options to meet both your work and personal needs
- Comprehensive Benefit offering, Pension and Group Retirement program with company match, and Profit Sharing.
- Focus on Wellness and innovative programs that support overall health and wellbeing such as annual Lifestyle Account and free Headspace App
- Progressive Employee Policies and Programs including a Flexible Work Location approach, and a vacation policy that provides up to 30 days’ vacation for all employees
*** Please note that Syngenta has a COVID19 mandatory vaccination policy that applies to this position
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Syngenta Canada welcomes applications from all qualified candidates and is able to accommodate persons with disabilities. For more information about accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process or if you would like more information on our accommodation policies, please contact email@example.com