Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a North America Crop Protection Detailed Production Scheduler position based in Indianapolis, IN.
The North America Crop Protection Supply Chain supports several billion in sales across the globe. The Detailed Production Scheduler is responsible for scheduling production for assigned products and/or manufacturing location(s) and activities to most effectively deliver product supply in alignment with demand.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and collaborating with multiple businesses, functions, and geographies to ensure the execution of a reliable Supply Chain to meet customer expectations.
Responsibilities - How will you help us grow?
- Translate demand requirements and supply capability into a time-phased supply and inventory plan in monthly resolution over a 3-month horizon that satisfies expected demand, is capacity feasible and at the lowest business cost balancing service level and operational efficiency.
- Analyze, monitor and confirm the implementation of changes per plan. Identifies potential issues and risks to the region supply and develops contingency plans.
- Manage suppy exceptions within a 3-month horizon, including prioritization and resolution. Manages production plans within allocated AI and resource availability. Escalates issues to Master Scheduler and/or global Master Planner as necessary.
- Facilitates communication and interaction with Customer Service, Commercial, Manufacturing and Sourcing functions to effectively balance supply and demand in the mid-term horizon via the IBP process.
- Partners with upstream and downstream stakeholders to escalates product availability issues where service level will be impacted (order will not ship on time) and collaborates to develop contingencies to balance business risks and costs.
- Serve as a focal point for Supply Team and collaborates with other team members to ensure flawless execution of the production schedule
- Lead meetings to review plant performance and upcoming production plans
- Maintain plant master data within ERP system
- Tracks Planning Performance metrics, including schedule attainment, schedule stability, and plant unplanned events. Manage plant inventory including slow moving, blocked, distressed and work with others in the organization to identify solutions and disposition on inventories
- Ideates, initiates, and leads improvement projects delivering reduced cost, increased revenue, and improved work processes
- Execute necessary SAP planning and scheduling transactions such as planned/production orders, stock transfer orders, and purchase orders.
- Facilitates root cause investigations on supply chain related issues
- Works closely with planners from other areas coordinating inter-area shipments.
Requirements - What expertise have you grown?
- BS in Engineering, Supply Chain or related technical field
- 2-5 Year equivalent SC experience, Manufacturing, scheduling, and planning experiences
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a Detailed Scheduling role
- Technical proficiency with SAP ECC/APO or similar planning tools is highly desirable.
- APICS Certification preferred or strong commitment to attain within 2 years
- Six Sigma Green Belt Project Leader or Black Belt
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
If you’re looking to move to a big city with a small-town feel then Indianapolis, Indiana is the place for you. This dynamic, multifaceted city has a robust sports scene, urban nightlife, and top-tier entertainment. Indianapolis is quickly making its name as one of the best sustainable food and agriculture scenes in the country. Located in the heart of the Midwest, Indianapolis is a welcoming city ripe with culture and a thriving economy.
Indianapolis is Indiana’s capital with more than two million residents in the greater metropolitan area. It’s the economic and cultural center of Indiana and offers something for everyone. There’s plenty to do, see, learn and experience in Indianapolis.
Check out life at Corteva!
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Growing what matters starts with you -- start by applying to this career opportunity today!