|Search jobs!||Advanced Search|
|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
HIRING MANAGER: Cory Sprung
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
Operates a single, tandem or multi-axle configuration truck for delivery and/or pick-up of agronomy and/or energy products following specified time schedules to/from the company locations or customer locations to achieve profitable business growth.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Operates all assigned vehicles, single, tandem, or multi axle configurations, forklifts, etc. in accordance with established safety standards and proper vehicle operation techniques.
· Performs and records daily safety checks of assigned vehicle(s) and associated equipment by conducting pre-trip inspections, such as checking fuel and oil levels, inspecting tires, lights, and brakes. Follows the preventative maintenance program and maintains a clean truck to present a professional appearance.
· Loads and unloads containers, pallets, or materials and products, safely on trucks, trailers, or railcars by hand or by forklift truck. When loading, ensures loads are evenly balanced and distributed from the front of the trailer to the back and from side to side, as well checks axle weights and loads them in accordance with the DOT regulations.
· Ensures that all deliveries and pickups are made in accordance with time schedules and performs duties in a manner that promotes superior customer service and professionalism within the company and the industry.
· Ensures that all associated documentation, such as bill of ladings, delivery slips, and invoices are completed accurately and returned to the branch location at the end of the day in order to ensure timely receiving and payment of invoices.
· Completes necessary paperwork, including accurate logbooks, records of cargo and any other assigned record-keeping duties on a daily basis.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
· Responsible for maintaining company equipment according to company standards, adheres to the company Uniform Policy, and maintains the appropriate professional image
· Performs all other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
· Normally requires a high school diploma or the equivalent thereof, and 2 years or more of related work experience to demonstrate knowledge of and the ability to safely operate tractor trailer or tender truck equipment and to meet company and DOT standards.
· Must have or have the ability to obtain and maintain a CDL license with required endorsements and any other applicable certification, license or permit, valid medical card and satisfactory driving record, as applicable.
· Ability to work extended hours and on-call as business conditions warrant.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain other applicable certifications, licenses, and permits.
· Demonstrates essential abilities including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making and skill development.
· Occasionally exposed or required to:
Extreme weather conditions (hot, cold, wet, etc.)
Working conditions may include dust, fumes, chemicals, and electrical hazards with appropriate safety measures
May be required to work at varying heights
Lift 51 - 70 lbs.
Nearest Major Market: Springfield
Job Segment: Electrical, Scientific, Logistics, Engineering, Operations
Register for your free AgCareers.com account to receive exclusive information and features.