Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience is seeking a motivated Biological Formulation Scientist to join our team in Indianapolis, IN.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Exploration, proof of concept, and development of novel formulation and delivery system technologies and concepts for new and registered active ingredients.
- Collaboration with other functions across the company to deliver maximum success, such as analytical R&D, process development, application technology, biology, agronomy, regulatory, operations and commercial teams.
- Collaboration with external companies or universities to evaluate novel and promising technologies for Ag applications.
- Staying abreast of new discoveries and technologies in the area of formulation and delivery system technologies.
- Intellectual property (IP) capture and research report writing and presentation.
- Compliance with laboratory safety procedures.
- Lead junior team members and mentor their professional development.
Other responsibilities include:
- Under minimal guidance of senior colleagues, develops hypotheses, plans and executes effective experiments, generates reproducible data, interprets results, and modifies hypotheses appropriately.
- Leads the investigation of product quality concerns / issues and troubleshooting of product quality issues at plant level, conducts rework evaluations and provides recommendations to the plant.
- Consistently applies sound scientific methods to solve technical problems.
- Qualifies new active ingredient and raw material sources and supports shelf-life date extensions for existing products.
- Develops understanding of customer needs through discussion with sales and marketing groups and works towards meeting the needs.
- Develops an understanding of competitors and key competitive technologies. Uses knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of competitive products to identify opportunities for competitive product positioning.
Required Qualifications: What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Demonstrated competence in the area of formulation technology (including colloids, interfacial phenomena, rheology, solids processing etc.).
- Experience working with biological actives and developing biological products.
- Prior experience in research or manufacturing/engineering.
- Ability to work independently and drive projects to completion.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to successfully partner with team members and stakeholders (sales, marketing, R&D, regulatory, product stewards, etc.) from multiple backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to persuade/influence others of the value of Corteva technology. Ability to clearly articulate the value of technology when talking with customers.
- Working knowledge of formulation design & development and product registration process.
- Experience working with fermentation and recovery technology for biological actives.
- Experience working with HTP technology and digital tools.
- Computer programming and automation experience
PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Biology, Food Science, Microbiology, Plant Pathology or related fields or relevant experience.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.
Start by applying to this opportunity today!