At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Automation Technician III
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As an Automation Technician III you will have the opportunity to build, test and support new and innovative automation projects in our plant genotyping (life sciences) environment. You will work with a mix of off-the-shelf equipment, as well as customized equipment designed inhouse by our internal engineering team. You will work side by side with those engineers, physically building the equipment they designed and provide feedback to the engineers on design. Once completed, you will help with deployment and training on the new equipment. You will have close interactions with our machinist & 3D printing team. This is a unique role as you will interact with people in all phases of the engineering process. You could engage with engineers, scientist, lab technicians, chemist, geneticists, data scientist. You are a key part of a team that is developing new and innovative technology every day. In this role will work onsite in our Chesterfield, MO research location and report to the Genotyping Automation Lead.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Automation Technician III are to:
- Support all phases of automation projects including concept development, prototyping, design, procurement, construction, start-up, testing, deployment, and sustainment of automated systems;
- Follow Bayer and industry best practices;
- Carry out tasks to ensure all project objectives including safety, technical correctness, budget, constructability, schedule, maintainability, operability, and documentation are met;
- Provide direction and leadership to less-senior technicians in the execution of tasks as appropriate;
- Partner with various engineering disciplines, customers, and vendors/suppliers to contribute to the successful development and execution of projects;
- Train operations, maintenance, and other personnel as required;
- Participate in check-out, commissioning, testing, start-up, and field support;
- Contribute to the modification of existing and the creation of new procedures, standards, and practices to stay current with technology and implement improved methods;
- Identify safety risks;
- Participate in safety reviews and understand safety strategies including interlocks, alarms, procedures, safety systems, etc;
- Adhere to company procedures for intellectual property documentation and protection.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with at least six years of relevant experience OR Associates degree and four years experience OR Bachelor's Degree and two years of relevant experience;
- Education or significant training and experience in electrical, chemical, mechanical, agricultural, computer, electromechanical, mechatronics, or industrial technologies or a related field with a strong interest in automation;
- Significant experience in one or more;
- Systems testing;
- Automation support;
- Project management;
- Equivalent experience;
- Working knowledge of safety systems, design documentation standards, automation validation, quality assurance, and automated system integration;
- Strong relevant computer hardware and software skills;
- Familiarity with relevant national and international standards in the area of expertise;
- Significant understanding of mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic systems; corresponding proficiency in troubleshooting such systems;
- Significant ability to read, comprehend, and build from schematics and drawings;
- Demonstrated experience with automated controls systems;
- Experience in providing field support and or participating in check out, commissioning, and start-up of automated systems;
- Systematic approach to problem definition and solution development;
- Ability to work as a member of cross-functional teams and to participate in multiple projects simultaneously
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills to interact and engage with people at different levels of management, engineering, suppliers, and internal customers;
- Good verbal and written skills in order to communicate with and obtain alignment with team members;
- Business proficiency of oral and written English language;
- Ability and interest in hands-on troubleshooting, designing, testing,
- adjusting, and maintaining automated systems;
- Experience with hand and power tools;
- Willingness and availability to travel depending on project or business needs;
- Working understanding of Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) requirements and responsibilities.
Domestic relocation assistance may be offered for this role
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Chesterfield || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||615066 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |