|Search jobs!||Advanced Search|
|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
Who are we, and what do we do?
Grow what’s next. Grow your future. Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for an Automation and Controls Engineer/Software Developer, to provide a dual focus on vision-based systems and data collection as well as the development of custom automation controls for novel equipment and instrumentation. We are seeking a qualified, diverse skill set team member to join the Research Automation and Engineering team (RAE) located in Johnston, Iowa. Corteva Agriscience is the world leader in the agricultural biotechnology industry including the discovery, development and delivery of elite crop genetics, crop protection and digital solutions.
The RAE team is dedicated to the successful conception, design, development, integration and support of novel machines and instruments, scientific laboratory automation, process engineering improvements, automated greenhouses, industrial automation, and other enabling technologies within Corteva. Leveraging the most current tools and technologies, RAE delivers against a unique and broad portfolio, providing staff significant opportunities to work with a diversity of projects, skills, and disciplines.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Agricultural, Biological, Mechanical, Software, or related discipline) or equivalent proven experience
• 3+ years of experience with automation controls and vison-based systems.
• Strong programming skills, preferably in Python and C++.
• Experience with Linux based operating systems and script development with Bash, or equivalent.
• Proven experience developing imaging systems coupled with embedded controls and machine/deep learning frameworks.
• Hands on experience with basic electronic and mechanical systems.
• Ability to assemble, integrate, and trouble shoot physical components of automated systems.
• Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills.
• Self-motivated and a strong collaborator that works well with others in a cross-functional team environment.
• Knowledge and experience relative to safety and health best practices.
• Possess strong communication, documentation, and training skills.
• Ability to adapt and gain new technical skills for a continual and rapidly changing research environment.
• Have the right to work in the U.S. without restriction.
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
-Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
-Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
-Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!