Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for an Asset Technology Engineer based in Valdosta, GA.
Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow whats next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture solving the worlds food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first.
Our Valdosta site is growing and expanding its operation, becoming a key Formulation & Packaging (F&P) facility for Corteva Crop Protection supporting its pipeline of new products !
The purpose of this role is to realize the manufacturing strategic vision by executing the Asset Technology Plan by developing and implementing manufacturing technology solutions. The asset technology engineer is the technical resource to coach and assist the operations team to optimize and improve EH&S, throughput, product quality, reliability of supply and cost performance. Enables the assets to meet EHS&S, productivity, and quality goals as the expert on the operations of the asset of responsibility.
This role will be on-site at our Corteva location.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
Asset Technology Engineer primary responsibilities:
- Understanding the technology vision and its applicability to the associated assets
- Measuring process performance, quantifying, and prioritizing gaps
- Analyzing gaps, determine root causes, and implementing gap closure plans.
- Identifying the best solution. Estimating the early stage cost, benefit and staffing needs
- Obtain stakeholder support for projects
- Lead scope definition and approval process of projects
- Support the technology transfer activities for new product launches
- Providing project leadership to drive knowledge-based solutions using the appropriate methodology (e.g. LEAN Six Sigma, Fundamental Problem Solving, Value Accelerator).
- Controlling and sustaining improvements as project implementation leader
- Ensuring technology learnings from prior campaigns are documented and incorporated in subsequent campaigns and new technology opportunities
- Collaborating with plant team to provide technology expertise in support of process safety management programs
- Leading the Asset Technology Team to support the Asset Technology Improvement and Innovation process
- Partnering with operations, outside Subject Matter experts and others for complex troubleshooting as appropriate
Other responsibilities include:
- Optimize plant operations and support high performing operations team.
- Understands all applicable process technology, equipment, and control technology.
- Uses continuous improvement and troubleshooting methodology where appropriate for resolution of production challenges.
- Work with plant personnel and outside stakeholders to optimize operations and meet business goals (production, cost, quality).
- Participates in and leads teams in his/her area of accountability.
- May act as a manufacturing representative for capital projects in their area of responsibility.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering; Chemical or Mechanical Engineer preferred
- Strong leadership and coaching skills.
- Technical Diagnostic and Problem-Solving skills
- Desire to engage with the operations team to fully understand issues from their perspective and set them up for success.
- Desire to engage with subject matters expects to build alternatives and consensus on whats the best solution.
- Technical excellence
- Continuous Improvement (LEAN, Six Sigma, Green belt preferred)
- High degree of ownership
- A minimum of 3 years manufacturing experience.
Check out life at Corteva!
Lets peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact, and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!