Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for an Asset Technology Engineer based in Valdosta, GA.
Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow whats next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture solving the worlds food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first.
This role will be on-site at our Corteva location.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
The Asset Technology (AT) Engineer is a trusted manufacturing technology expert who is fully aware of the asset process capabilities and technology opportunities and who generates value by executing the Asset Technology Improvement & Innovation Process (ATIIP).
- Understanding the portfolio technology vision and its applicability to the associated assets.
- Measuring the current asset technology performance, quantifying and prioritizing gaps.
- Gathering baseline data associated with the portfolio target KPI's.
- Quantifying gaps between current performance and technology portfolio targets (e.g. using trends observed in campaign reports).
- Prioritizing gaps related to the relevant technology portfolio targets.
- Analyzing gaps and identifying causes.
- Determining (and validating) causes of the gaps.
- Verifying if causes are controllable or actionable.
- Identifying technology improvement ideas.
- Evaluating technology improvement ideas.
- Identifying the best solution. Estimating the early stage cost, benefit and staffing needs.
- Obtain stakeholder support for technology projects.
- Providing inputs to Capital Planning Process for technology projects.
- Verifying resource needs, preliminary scope and risk assessment for technology projects.
- Lead scope definition and approval process of technology projects (Successful Gate 1 Review).
- Providing project leadership to drive knowledge-based solutions using the appropriate methodology (e.g. LEAN Six Sigma, Fundamental Problem Solving, Value Accelerator).
- Controlling and sustaining the improvements as project implementation leader.
- Comparing actual results to project objectives.
- Determining the cause of potential failure and pursuing corrective actions.
- Confirming documentation is sufficient to sustain the improvement.
- Communicating project results to stakeholders.
- Ensuring technology learnings from prior campaigns are documented and incorporated in subsequent campaigns and new technology opportunities.
- Collaborating with plant team to provide technology expertise in support of process safety management programs.
- Leading the Asset Technology Team to support the ATIIP process.
- Partnering with operations for complex troubleshooting as appropriate.
- Support Unplanned Event investigation for technology-related events and leveraging of learning reports as appropriate.
Key Interactions With Other Roles
Asset Technology Leader (ATL) / Regional Asset Improvement Leader (RAIL):
Collaborates with the ATL / RAIL to define and develop the technology solutions to realize the Portfolio improvement visions as delivered by the PTL.
Operation Personnel (e.g. Production Engineer, Technical Advisor, Operations, Production Leader):
Collaborates with operations personnel to develop and implement technology improvements.
Portfolio Technology Leaders (PTL):
Collaborates with the PTL to understand and implement optimal technology solutions and more effectively execute various continuous improvement methodologies.
Reliability Engineer (RE):
Collaborates with the RE to develop optimal solutions to reliability related technology improvements.
Process Automation (PA):
Collaborates with PA to implement knowledge-based solutions and support scope development for E&OT technology projects.
Collaborates with GAPTEC personnel to understand complex process technology issues and develop solutions.
Subject Matter Experts (SME, e.g. engineering disciplines, Continuous Improvement, EHS&S):
Collaborates with SMEs to understand and develop scope for technology improvements.
Engineering & Operations Technology (E&OT):
Collaborates with E&OT (e.g. engineering) to complete analysis and scoping of solutions and transition projects to Project Managers for execution.
Other AT Engineers:
Collaborate with regional and global AT Engineers to share and leverage best practices.
This role reports to Crop Protection Manufacturing Regional Asset Improvement Leader.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering; Chemical or Mechanical Engineer preferred
- Strong leadership and coaching skills.
- Technical Diagnostic and Problem-Solving skills
- Desire to engage with the operations team to fully understand issues from their perspective and set them up for success.
- Desire to engage with subject matters expects to build alternatives and consensus on whats the best solution.
- Technical excellence
- Continuous Improvement (LEAN, Six Sigma, Green belt preferred)
- High degree of ownership
- A minimum of 2 years manufacturing experience.
- Technical Diagnostic and Problem Solving.
- Collaboration and Interpersonal Effectiveness.
- Effective Communication (i.e. verbal, written).
- Root Cause Analysis Methodologies.
- LEAN Six Sigma methods (Green Belt certification preferred).
- Statistical analysis.
- Continuous Improvement (e.g. Fundamental Problem Solving, Value Accelerator).
Check out life at Corteva!
Lets peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact, and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!