!!!Now Offering $2500 Sign-On Bonus!!!
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. We have an exciting opportunity for an Area Team Lead at our Plymouth, Indiana production location. We stay busy and challenged year-round with a diversity of tasks and activities! We take pride in the quality of our work and the safety of all our team members.
We are looking for candidates who take the initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have a stable work history!
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits; new hires start with 4 weeks off each year! In addition, we provide excellent maternity, paternal, and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your VERY FIRST day of employment
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities - What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Continuously maintain a high level of quality standards within safety, employee attendance, operational discipline, process safety management, housekeeping, and maintenance
- Lead, coordinate, and work in all positions within the plant operations
- Assist with managing bulk and bagged seed inventories and product movement activities as required
- Monitor and ensure adherence to “Standard Work” and product quality activities meet the requirements of the Quality Plan
- Effectively communicate with team members on a consistent basis to ensure accurate and complete information is provided
- Assist, train, and lead Technicians within the production, warehouse, field, and logistical areas to ensure production goals are accomplished
- Provide input and assists teams and supervisor with special and capital projects, workforce planning, employee schedules, etc.
- Support the oversight of harvest, receiving, bulk load out, conditioning, bagging, warehousing operation to maximize material flow and process efficiencies
- Ensure equipment, materials are available and staged for next process order (e.g., tags, bags, boxes, treatment, etc.).
- Effectively demonstrate, communicate, and lead safety standards expectations to team with regards to OSHA requirements, Corteva’s policies, standards, and procedures to ensure a strong safety culture
- Accurately complete appropriate records, documents and reports as required
- Work as a Production Technician as needed, and assume the duty of Supervisor in their absence
- Various other duties as assigned
Requirements - Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You possess a minimum of three (3) years direct experience in manufacturing, operations, production, agricultural, or related field
- You have previous supervisor or leadership experience, and/or have effectively demonstrated leading a team without official authority
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience across various seed operations and operations programs such as SeedPro, SAP, MES, Apriso, etc.
- You are willing and able to do the following with or without reasonable accommodation: climb and/or work in elevated areas; stand and sit for extended periods of time; work outdoor and indoor within hot, cold, wet, and dry conditions
- Chilly warehouse? Dusty fields? No problem! You love to get out there and work hard in different environments! You are also willing and able to lift up to fifty (50) lbs. and perform work which involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
- You have a valid US Driver’s License
- You demonstrate integrity and promote a positive working environment by being a self-starter and willing to assist team members on a consist basis.
- You are comfortable with technology and possess excellent computer aptitude including the use of Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), and are willing and able to learn other company specific applications as required
- You have good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- You have high attention to detail can multitask, maintain an organized workplace, and have excellent problem-solving skills
- You uphold health and safety to the highest standard! You consistently help others and demonstrate adherence to safety protocols, policies, and procedures to ensure you and your colleagues go home safely every day
- You understand that delivering to our customers on time keeps us viable and are willing and able to work a rotating shift and overtime hours, which can include nights and weekends during seasonal peaks to support production demand
During peak season (October - April) the Plymouth team runs a 24/7 schedule based on demand. Shift hours can be up to twelve (12) hours and will include weekend night shifts, but will vary based upon demand and scheduling
Preferences – It Would Be Great If You Have:
- Associate’s or Two-year Technical Degree
- Experience and knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing
- Previous experience and knowledge of problem solving and implementation of solutions and corrective actions
Work Authorization and Relocation:
- No Visa Sponsorship offered or available for this position
- No relocation allowance offered or available for this position
Site Dedicated (100% at Corteva location):
- This role will be on-site at our Corteva location
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact, and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!